Am I blowing my chances still living with parents?

I'm a 23 year old woman still living at home, working 2 jobs to save up. I'm always embarassed to tell a guy I haven't moved out yet. Is this going to be a deal breaker or am I making a bigger deal than it actually is?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't care, not even a little bit. Females do.

If you want to remember the general principle, there are only two *requirements* of most men. Attraction and shown interest. Sometimes not even the second one. Most guys won't express their *preferences* until you've been together for awhile; and, he already sees you as "his".

This goes for top tier males, as well.

Some few might have other requirements, but among them all, it would be very, very few who would make "can't live with her parents" one of them.

It literally makes 0 difference in the vast majority of guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it isn't and it shouldn't. Your saving up so that you can be able to live on your own. There was a book I've read about 2 years ago about setting up your finances young, and it pointed out that nearly 95% of young adults ages 18-25 will not be financially stable until about 26. But who even knows how much that is true , when life circumstances prevents you from doing so. I'm still living with my parents. Its expensive to even get a decent apartment. And you have be careful of rental scams as well.

What Guys Said 21

• not a deal breaker for me. if your rationale is to save money then i actually respect the decision to be at home rather than be unable to save money.

• I'm 26 and live with my grandparents. If a girl at 23 was living with her parents or grandparents I wouldn't mind at all.

• It would not be a deal breaker to me at any age.

• Only if your parents hold you back and don't let you have a life. I stopped dating a couple of girls cause their parents wouldn't let them go over to another guys house or even stay out later than 11pm. This was after a month of dating. That decision should be up to the girl as a mature adult.

Fortunately they are okay with me sleeping over (but don't want a man sleeping over their house).

I think it's too in their faces that I would be having sex. It would be uncomfortable for them to see a stranger in the morning.

Oh that's so dumb. Most young people are smart enough that they wouldn't have sex if their parents were right next door anyway but they have to go to someones house most of the time. My brother did say though that once our dad walked through his door once to ket them know dinner was ready when his girlfriend was sucking his cock haha

• I like a girl I'm dating to be with her parents. It's safe there and she's not playing sex in the city Carrie fever.

• It's more common for those under 30 to live at home then you would think. Something like 40% of us do.

• I dont follow your logic. I dont know any guy who gives an actual fuck about whether a girl lives with her parents or not. Its not important at all

• im 20 and i move out my parents house over a year or two ago. i had no problem with them we had a good relationship. i was just working good and doing good for some who just graduate highschool.(like really good, people thought i had a degree.) and im still living well and they ask me to comeback. for no reason i just started going back to school and my parents think im doing to much for a 20 year old. but your cool, do what you think is going to benifit you better. just do it at your own pace

• If you live in sf like me and want to stay then chances are that you and your friends are living with relatives unless you want to live paycheck by paycheck paying rent.

• No. The world is currently fucked up, it's more difficult than ever to move out on your own.

• If you were 32 yeah lol but no not now

• You are making a big deal, guys dont care as much about this stuff
    Girls on the other hand, expect any guy who is 22+, to have 2 keys, one to a car, and another to his own place

• A lot of people haven't moved out yet, that's just the economy has been, I met a girl a few years back who was 24 and still at home. It doesn't bother me, but girls aren't that accepting of guys who haven't moved out. I don't think guys really care.

• Really makes no difference if the guy has his own place. If its a deal breaker for him then he probably just wants to move in with you and never leave!

• I think your making a deal out of nothing

• What would you think if the guy said he is saving up and still living with his parents?

Personally, I think it is the smart thing for both people to do until they find someone they want a LTR with and to live together. Then they could more easily afford a home with a lower mortgage, and maybe 6 months of emergency house payments saved up.

• Average age of completely moving out of your parents house is 30 something.

• I really dont judge people because im not perfect either. I only judge really bad people. you seem to have a drive though. 2 jobs is a lot of work and I respect anybody who can do that. you are over thinking this

• Not a big deal, so long as "not doing shit" is the reason for living at home, if there is a plan and logical it's totally fine

• girls don't date guys living with their parents, so, why should men?

• I only moved out at age 29. Who cares what society thinks. Just do your own think

What Girls Said 9

• It's not a deal breaker
    You are actually trying to save money, if a guy doesn't like you because you live with your parents, he isn't the one for you. Don't feel embarrassed, a lot of my friends actually had to move back in with their parents because after they graduated college that had a hard time finding jobs and couldn't live on their own. I also live with my parents because I haven't found the career I was hoping to find once I was done but I am working and I know it will be awhile for me to live on my own.

• I wouldn't say so.
    Not at first. But at 23 you aren't a child anymore. He's going to expect that after a while of dating that you move in together. I would say refusing to move out of home when its really time to live with your partner is when it becomes a problem.

I can agree with that. I would consider myself a bit more old fashioned.

• Lol not a big deal at all.

• it's fine
    especially if the cost of living is high
    where my friend lives the median cost of a studio is almost $2800/month
    so she still lives with her mom, even at 34
    but she still goes out and has an independent life

• You're only 23. I think it's smart.

• Who cares i live with my bfs parents why? Because its FREE 😂

• Nope you're good.

• Your making it a big deal. I'm 23 and live at home. More do these days as it's too expensive

• No, stay at home! Seriously, if you are blessed enough to have the fortune of two parents who will allow you to live under their roof while you establish yourself as an adult, then take advantage of the opportunity! Especially if you live in America where there's a college debt crisis! Not just that, but one day, you'll go out into the world and be lucky if you ever see your parents so enjoy being able to spend time with them and just being in the same house with them especially if you move out of state and only see them occasionally for holidays.

I know I have wonderful parents (who make me pay rent only on paper, not physically!) also I was mainly staying to help my mom with her epilepsy and my brother (who has autism). There really isn't a reason other than money to stay anymore (everyone is taken care of). My dad has actually joked that I'm going to stay till marraige :(

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an episode of Full House (just with salty language).

Lol, you're being too hard on yourself!