How do I fake being self confident?

They say fake it till you make it. Well how do I fake it

Most Helpful Girl

• Just never show self doubt. Speak to people, smile at people, be self assured. Remember more than half the people in the room are actually probably also kinda shy or don't have huge confidence and would actually be happy somebody is breaking the ice.

Most Helpful Guy

• You just act the way that you think you want to. Acting lessons help. Also practice helps a lot also. So like if you see a pretty girl you act confident and go say hi introduce yourself... You make yourself do it even though you would not normally be that forward.

Also how do I act less desperate with girls

I don't want a relationship rn. Everyone is interested in meaningless sex rn. Myself included

Well then I suggest using tinder then.

What Girls Said 1

• You walk around like you have your life together, talk like you have your life together, feel like you have your life together, until one day these habits become ingrained in your head and you are actually confident. It worked for me!!! :-) Dr. Amy Cuddy has a great TED Talk on that. Best of luck friend! LLAP!

Also I act desperate with girls. How do I be less desperate

Beware: I am about to go old style therapist on you love... Why are you desperate? Why do you want a girlfriend? When did you notice that you seemed desperate?

Tangent: Why do you not want to have books as your friends? Books are WAYYY better than girls! Girls are so complicated... -_- With books you can always stop a book and pick it up later without the book freaking out, you can read more than one at a time without being accused of cheating. When was the last time you heard The Hobbit yell at you for checking out the Lord of the Rings trilogy? (Library pun intended! XD) Or VIDEO GAMES!!! :O YESSSSSS!!! CoD, WoW, GTA, Mortal Kombat, Assasins Creed, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc... Sorry... Anyways...

Back to the point: Start with greeting every girl you pass, and then to keeping a 1 minute conversation with a girl you know, then one with a random girl. and then a 3 minute conversation with a girl you know, and then one with a random girl, and so on and so on. :-)

What Guys Said 3

• Hold your head up high, take risks, say a few good things to yourself each morning when you look in the mirror. Basically, boost your ego. Focus on the really good qualities you possess.

• When you succeed at faking confidence - will that even count as faking it or will it have actually been confidence?
    http://i.imgur.com/02b1zUw.gif

• You really need lessons on how to fake something? Really?

Yes I do because I don't know how to fake something that I don't understand

You gotta feel that one out for yourself, if she really is into you always remember... FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD. haha but really man just make a move when you feel the time is right

But I keep getting shot down. I don't know if it's the girls I choose or the way I act look smell whatever.