He cheated on the love of his life with me and I lied to him so that he doesn't die from all the guilt. Will it ever be the same again?

I love him. Thats the first thing you need to know.
He wasn't some fling. We were best friends that did everything together and after a night of heavy drinking I made a move.. There has been some flirting in the past and I've always loved him so these feelings weren't out of the blue. I truly believed he liked me..

When I made my move he pushed me away at first but I kept going at it. He was drunk and vulnerable and I knew it. I feel horrible. I've said sorry a million times but the guilt was just too bad. He couldn't remember much so I told him nothing happened. We did make love.. I haven't slept or eaten in days.

Will he ever forgive me for taking advantage of him? I just don't want him to tell her because I don't want him to ruin his life for some desperate selfish bitch.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's still ultimately responsible. Drunk isn't a get out of jail free excuse. Your relationship with him is forever changed

This is succinct and 100% on target!

@OlderAndWiser that's true but if you're so drunk you have a blackout you're not getting an erection. He still said no then relented

I don't let anyone off the hook for anything they do while intoxicated because intoxication is a state into which they delivered themselves freely and voluntarily.

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't make love. You practically raped the dude and took advantage of him.

What Guys Said 2

• I mean you were basically the main part of the home wrecking. So no it will never change.

• He is probably going to be pissed but you should tell him anyways

I love him too much and I want to protect him

Listen, you were wrong and you know that. Continuing to do wrong is going to help. You can't make it right but doing the right thing now is still better.

What Girls Said 0