Am I being a bit heartless to my friend (I'm a boy, she's a girl)?

So, a few weeks ago I asked my female friend for advice and she asked me if I liked her and I said yes and she began ignoring me for no reason. So I decided if she was ignoring me for no reason, I would ignore her back. Well, I guess she noticed it too and she tried talking to me, and I talked to her too, but the only thing she even says is "Hi" and then she walks away. I am still ignoring her because I don't know what to do. And I guess she seems a bit sad that I ignore her, because she used to be very loud and outgoing, but now she rarely speaks. But she speaks less to me, and only me, no one else. I just have no idea why. So I am still continuing to ignore her, am I being heartless to her? How would you respond to these actions if you were in her place?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, no, and this sort of reminds of all the times where people bring up the problem where they simply do not know what women want.

She asked if you liked her, which she was putting you and even herself on the spot to really know the truth, and you gave her an honest answer. You would think she would be able to handle whichever answer you give if she was the one asking you, and offering you the chance to speak. Suddenly, it's time to ignore you, and that makes no sense.

I'm sure she was expecting you to chase after her and try to patch things up, but why did it have to be you? What did you do that was so bad? If she cut off speaking to you, then she also has to take into account so many things that could occur becuase of that, such as you getting the idea that she doesn't want to be friends, or she's mad at something that you said or have done, or the ignore game does tend to offend people. So, she really is a bit absent-minded to suddenly realize that you're also playing this ignore game and getting sad over it. What did she expect?

It is so obvious she's trying to tug you around, but she's going about it wrong and could risk losing you forever. I would have responded in the same way. If she wants to talk or if something is bothering her, she's gotta speak. Playing the ignore game is VERY rude, especially when you've done nothing wrong.

What Girls Said 4

• Wellll we females do tend to be a rather emotional lot, so if you saw she was ignoring you? You should have gave it a day or 2 and kept life going as if the ignoring never happened. dont do as she did, do whats best for yalls relationship

• I... think she was trying to get you to chase her and she failed miserably at it lol, but, no, you aren't being heartless, you're just letting her know you aren't putting up with her bullshit.

• I think she's just saying hi to be courteous, I don't think she's hurt at all.

• She started it and you're continuing what she started

What Guys Said 0