Would you date someone like this?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 4 months now, & when we first dated he told me he had a secret, but only told me as he felt like he had too! Anyway his family doesn't want him to marry a white girl, so his family don't know about me. So it's a secret he is keeping from them. But in about a year or 2 from now his parents are gonna look for a wife for him, which he always tells me one day he will have to leave me even though he doesn't want too and that he wants me, but he says he has too cause of his parents to make them happy! But I understand, as nothing lasts forever but of course I'm disappointed and upset but I guess that's life, but do you think a year or 2 from now he will change his mind and stick up for himself? He always says he wish he could but he is too scared as he doesn't want to disappoint them, plus the only reason he is a doctor is because they wanted him to be, he doesn't even like his job. What's your thoughts on this? Would you date someone like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's telling you on the front end that he's going to leave you. On one hand I applaud his honesty but seriously why do this to yourself. You will be the one hurt here no one else. You will be the one every day and night trying to change his mind for the next several days, weeks, months and praying he stays with you and when he doesn't you'll spend months trying to get over him.
    Don't get played like that. Walk away now and spare yourself this unnecessary heartache

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a fucking pussy. Drop him.
    It's his life his girl and he's parents are being too stuck up and do you really want in laws like that anyway?
    And the fact that he never manned up and told them about you is a major turn off.
    My parents are 1st generation Korean and they pretty conservative people. they def preferred Korean guy over others. But my ex was white, and their opinion never bothered me. There were so many times we argue and fight about this issue but I just didn't give a fuck. It's my life, my guy, he's the one makes me happy what they gnna do. So listening to your story just pisses me off. He doesn't deserve you and believe me a guy like him never be able to man up and do any shit for his girl bc he so scared. I know you love him very much but it's going to be a constant aggravation and stress. Believe me. You deserve better than this.

What Guys Said 4

• Drop the guy. His parents' opinion should mean shit. If we truly loved you he'd do whatever it took to have you in his life. Your just wasting time until he leaves you. You deserve better. It's unfortunate but if he has no intention to ditch his parents then you need to ditch him and a guy who is willing to put you first.

• Nope he won't change

• your children will have his skin color most likely so I don't know why they would care so much? But me I probably would even have the confidence or guts to ask a white girls out. simply because I'm brown, her parents might be against me even looking at her. he's a lucky guy, don't let him go.

• Uh no, because I'm not a masochist.

What Girls Said 1

• No, I wouldn't. I'd feel like I'd be wasting my time being with someone who cannot stand up to his parents for something so important.