Is my girlfriend controlling my life and changing me?

Hi, im in a relationship at the current moment, and im wondering if i might be letting my girlfriend control my life and change me. Some of the things she tells me to do like being more responsible and being less rude and a better, improved person are great and all, but she also tells me to stop doing what i love like playing video games and watching youtube and videos and anime. Yes, i am a weeabooish nerd, but i love those and i dont want to give them up, and i have tried it for a while, and i have been the least happiest i have ever been, i loved and still love those activities and i dont wanna give them up but i am, am i letting her control my life and change me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Look I don't even agree with that term in the first place. But I will tell that nobody can ever force you to change unless you wanted to in the first place. You did what you did because she wanted to please her. If you like your hobbies then that is on you. In marriage it is different. You have to find a way to compromise. In dating, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. She is wrong. No matter how right she may sound, she is still wrong. That's like how hate porn and the sexual derogatory things. If I ever met somebody who enjoys perverse stuff, it is not my job to get with them if I don't like that in a person. It is choice. Just like if she doesn't like guys who watch anime or whatever, why is she with you then? If you like it, then you are at liberty to watch what you like. If she has a problem, then let her find another boyfriend who does what she likes. That's all.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you keep submitting to her, she will eventually get turned off by you and dump you.
    Resist her from time to time. Be a man.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I think she is controlling.. and should stop being so clingy...
    I am sure if roles were reversed everyone would call the guy controlling too so yes she should accept you as you are!

• Let her go!
    Find a girl, who accepts you along with your hobbies!

• Women always try to control. my advice have sex and then dump her. You will end up getting used in the long run