My crush thinks I'm pretty, but is more in love with the gym?

I've had a crush on a guy for quite sometime. I knew he was a gym buff but I guess I just underestimated how into it he was. I was too shy to talk to him myself, so I asked my friend to talk to him for me. According to her, he said that he thought I was very pretty, but that he's not into dating because the gym is his main focus and passion right now. He told her that if he were to date, it'd have to be a girl who works out, so that they could spend time at the gym, as that's where he always is. He then told her that if I ran a mile every day for three weeks that he'd train me. Even before I liked him, I had been meaning to start working out, so I think this would be a good incentive. BUT, I also feel like if I put this much work into getting him, that will speak lowly of my character. That it'll show that I'm desperate or clingy or just want this wayy more than he does. I really like him and now I'm caught in a tough place. It's not like he's asking me to change who I am. He just wants a girl who shares the same passion so that he can spend time with her. Help :( I'm not fat. by the way. I'm pretty fit. About a size 2

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget him. If he is not willing to put effort into you he is not worth your time.

I work out harder that 99.9% of the guys at the gym. It doesn't that THAT much time. 1 to 1.5 hours a day is a lot and that is not enough for him to not have a social life too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's looking for someone who's exactly like him. You shouldn't put so much effort for someone who is not willing to put the same amount of effort for you.

What Guys Said 4

• you can't expect a guy to give up his gym routine to date you... if you do you will lose him. and whats wrong with going to the gym lol? you dont have to do this for him, do this for yourself, working out is great!

• What the fuck, does this guy go to the gym 24/7. I mean if he's that serious about the gym then get ready to not do much with him besides work out cause that seems like that's all he does. Gotta think about that.

• Maybe your friend is messing with you.. I'm just saying that could be a possibility.

• Get ur ass to the gym

What Girls Said 0