When and why should you text a guy you're starting to date?

There are so many rules and it stresses me out. I've read a thousand things you shouldn't do when it comes to texting, but no one ever lists the times you should send that first text to the guy you're flirting with/beginning to date/etc.

To make this more specific to my situation, I've gone out with a guy three times and it's gone very well. There's obvious physical and emotional interest on both sides, and I'm not feeling insecure about his levels of interest at all. He's made it pretty clear he still wants to keep going out with me and getting to know me better. However, we haven't texted at all since I saw him Saturday night, and like... that's fine. I'm not a huge texter anyway. But I'd kind of like to talk to him. I just don't have anything specifically to say, and I definitely don't want to say "hey." Any advice would be great!

Most Helpful Guy

• I run into this problem a lot, some people are just bad at communicating over the phone. However if he's into you, I'm sure he would stoked to hear from you even if its just to say hope you have a good day. Maybe he's just waiting to see if you will text him first. Its impossible to figure out what people are up to. If you want to talk to him just shoot him a text and see how he responds. If its a one word answer just don't text him back. If he wants to talk it will be pretty obvious.

Most Helpful Girl

• The easiest thing to text him is a funny joke or meme and just say I had to share this with you. Then ask how his day went or say something along the lines of "I hope your day is going well." This is how I have been texting with the guy I just started dating.

This is really helpful and specific, thank you! I bet I could come up with something funny to send :)

Glad I could help. :-)

What Guys Said 3

• Don't over think it. Start text if you want to interact with. If you don't he will think you don't really care. You need to show effort too and he likes getting a text from you as much as you like getting a text from him.

Don't play games with someones heart. Be yourself. If he likes that then you know he likes you. If you are not honest, how will you know if likes you.

• what and where the hell do you girls get these stupid ideas on rules? the only rule you should follow is your feelings, desires, and gut instincts. seriously, just do what you want and feel.

• Talk beautiful dress beautiful

What Girls Said 0