When will I be ready to date?

I've been single for almost 8 months now, but I just don't seem ready to date. I was even talking to this great guy, went on a date or two, and still couldn't see myself dating. What do I need to do? Everyone is getting married and I feel pressure to get in a relationship.. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I not doing something i should be doing? HeLp!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm assuming you must be single because you got out of a relationship recently. Listen there is no rush to find someone if that's not what you are looking for. All those people getting married right now are going to be getting divorced eventually and you will be just fine. You aren't even old enough to goto the bar, you don't need to worry about getting married or having a relationship if you don't want one.

Just do your thing, have fun and when the time is right, or you meet the right person you will know. There's absolutely no reason to put pressure on it.

It's been about 8 months. I've been told I'm a horrible girlfriend.. and I'm really afraid of being left again.

I'm not really sure what would make a horrible girlfriend. Everyone is completely different there is no perfect standard what-so-ever. It would have to be something very big that would cause me to say that. For example I can not stand when someone has jealousy problems and wants to look at my phone, or snoop around in my shit. That I would call a horrible girlfriend to me personally. Some people put up with that stuff and it doesn't bother them.

Basically at the end of the day there is someone out there that will take you as you are and whatever if may be that you were doing to the person that was calling you a horrible girlfriend will be perfectly exceptable to someone else.

Yeah... thanks

What Guys Said 3

• Do some nice, relaxing things... to take the pressure away and relax :D
    Than, let your heart speak. That's the only organ that can make you fall in love <3

• Maybe you need to loosen up a bit, you have plenty of time so don't worry about that.
    Love in the moment more and don't always think of the pressure of what's next, that's my advice!😘☺️

• You are young. Enjoy life. Have fun. It will a hope in time. Not everyone is the same.

What Girls Said 0