Should I ask him why he didn't text me back?

Last week i gathered the courage to ask my cute classmate for his number, and he gave it to me. That same day we had a short but sweet initial conversation where we basically agreed that we would both love to get to know each other. Then that weekend, I initiated a conversation, just asking how his weekend was going so far. It took him almost 3 hours to respond, just to tell me that his weekend was going good, but he was studying and would get back to me when he was finished. This was around 7 pm. I texted him when i got out of dance at around a quarter to 8 that same night, and he never responded, even though it's now Wednesday night.
Should I text him about it, bring it up in person, or just never talk to him again? I don't know what to do. I've been rejected before, but never dodged like this. Also, I'm only in his class once a week because of a scheduling conflict, so I don't see him too often. This past Monday I had class with him, but I was so embarrassed about what had happened that weekend, that I avoided looking and him and bolted out of the class with my friend as soon as possible. Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just wait until next time you see him in person and mention it to him then. See what he says and that way at least you will have an answer :)

What Guys Said 4

• Well, there is a chance that he is politely rejecting you and yes many people do that. Mostly people will try to be polite in their rejection otherwise it hurts, in your case it possibly looks like a rejection on his part, polite rejection of course. However this need not be true as well.

You will only know the truth if you directly ask him about this, you need to bring this up. If you are not interested or if you are not willing to meet with him face to face then you can text him about it and ask him, if you don't mind meeting him then meet him and ask him. Only then you will know the truth.

It's better not to assume things.

• u should avoid him for now and let him approach you this time if u keep textig him than might this thing bugging him so wait and watch and if he doesn't come to u or text u than move on

what if i know he's a very shy person and the chances of him approaching me first are quite low

may b he is shy but it don't take almost 2 to 3 days to reply even a single message... to being a shy and avoiding (or dodging) is totally different thing

• To be honest his probably talking to someone else or he has the same attention span of a squirrel like i do haha

• You're not actually going out yet so think to yourself is he worth the bother if he's already being like this it's unlikely to get much better. Plenty more men to chose from.

yeah that's true but i've heard from many people that he's just shy. it's also not just that i would like to go out with him, i would like to know what could've happened to make him act this way. if you were the guy in this situation, what would possibly be running through your mind?

What Girls Said 1

• No, @tootyfrooty, I Believe when you did Leave... I avoided looking at him and bolted out of the class with my friend as soon as possible, you have Embarrassed yourself Enough with this Stuff.
    You may have been Texting him a bit too Much and he Could have been annoyed. Texting doesn't always Mean one has to be Johnny on the Hot Spot.
    Let it go for now. However, in School, if you don't Want to Seem like a Fool, Approach him and just Act like nothing has Happened.
    Before getting a Celly relationship back, you Need to First... Get your friendship Back that is now Kind of Whack.
    Good luck and Next time, go Easy with the Push of a Button. xx

With the Shy guy, you have to go slow with any Joe. You had a good start with his number, but you Speed dialed a bit too fast. xx

I didn't text very much... even when he didn't reply, I didn't send another text. And I always send one text message at a time. So I don't think I was texting him too much.

Well, from where I am sitting, he was annoyed. He said he would get to you when he could. xx