When someone says "don't worry you'll find someone one day" does it annoy you?

Most Helpful Girl

• its kind of a standard thing to say, so i wouldn't call it annoying. but because its so generic, its not comforting at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much. If I am still wholeheartedly motivated and want to be with someone then that matters and applies. BUT, if I really don't give a fuck about it anymore then there's NO POINT at all to what they said.

I really wish they just don't bother to repeat themselves over and over to me about it when I already said, I'm good, been single long enough that I really don't have the incentive, will, motive, nor desire to ever date anyone at all anymore. And because I'm caught up with my own issues in which it leaves me no time to invest in dating or even a relationship.

And besides, it's actually more harder for someone to actually "find someone" when they had already made up their mind that they don't ever want any kids which is my case.

I suppose even if it were to happen I'd have to be in my 40s at the earliest or by my 50s at the latest, and that's a VERY BIG "IF", if I ever found some woman that also don't ever want kids and have similar goals, interests and passions that I do, otherwise, nope, I rather they change what they say to "don't worry you won't really need anybody to be happy, you'll be alright and just fine on your own".

As I told them many times, relationships aren't guaranteed to last forever no matter what, and divorces are more frequently than ever, that is unless someone marry much later in their 30s or 40s at least, then maybe the chance of divorce reduces, I don't really know.

What Girls Said 4

• Haha! I've said that to a few people on here. Probably because I think they'll have a better chance than me. . . nobody wuvs me :(. Lol. But yes, when people constantly say that to me. It does get annoying.

• Nope.

• No it doesn't

• yes its the story of my life

What Guys Said 6

• No, it just gives me hope xD

• Yes because it clearly isn't true. It's platonic guff that we were told when young. Life isn't like that it's a tough old rat race and some people miss out. Pursuit of careers means that happens more and more now and look at the demographics for people aged 15-64 . Some people are certain to miss out.

• No. (A) I already have someone and, (B) it's true, and (C) I'm not that sensitive

• Yes, it does because I want to find that someone RIGHT NOW

• I tell them..."Yes, I have! Satan is the only One Who truly loves me! Blessed be!"

• Yes, it does. I guess you could say I feel I've put in my fair share of pain and just want some happiness sent my way.