My friend said "faithfulness is a commodity these days", what do you think that means?

After I was telling my friend about how I got led on and rebounded, and tossed aside when I found out she was sleeping around, my friend said faithfulness is a commodity nowadays.

What at do you think he means by that?

Do do you think it's that the modern world of online dating and hookup culture makes exclusivity rare nowadays?

1mo Do you think the fact that the divorce rate is over 50% contributes to it?

What Girls Said 1

• There is no hidden meaning. It was clear. He meant that nowadays people cannot stay faithful anymore.

I was mainly referring to the commodity part but I know what you mean.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think there's any hidden meaning in that comment. People tend to not be as committed in relationships as they used to. Divorce is skyrocketing, couples don't stay together as much as they previously did. It's obvious

Very true. It's rare that you see relationships pasting nowadays. It kinda scares me though because I've dated plenty but never had an official girlfriend or relationship. It doesn't discourage me from trying but I'm wondering how someone would feel if I told them I've never had a relationship at this age.