How should I talk to a guy I met online?

I've been messaging this guy online for just the past couple of days, and I know he's interested but I'm new to dating and I don't want to screw anything up. I'd really appreciate some advice on how I should talk to him so he knows I'm interested but at the same time not push him away. Thank you!

What Guys Said 1

• Uhh... you're 18-24. Everyone your age is new to dating. I would say just play it by ear because this is every bit as stressful to him as it is to you. If you want to push the issue, ask him out... like something free so that he doesn't feel pressured to spend funds that he might not have. If you live in a major city, there are always free things going on. Pick one of them, ask him to meet you there and see where it leads.

I was in a relationship for 4 years and broke up a few months ago. I'm 23 so I haven't dated since I was 19. I've recently talked to this other guy and went out a couple times with him but he stopped contacting me. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But thank you for the advice

What Girls Said 1

• Continue talking to him casually and just ask him out for something small coffee, a drink (if you are old enough) etc. If he says no he isn't interested, if yes see where it goes from there. You don't really have anything to lose.