Would you date someone who ISN'T your type?

In my opinion, I believe most people have a type, or at least a few preferences. Would you be open to dating someone who isn't your type or do you feel like you have to date your type?

• I feel like I have to date my type
  • I'm open to dating people who aren't my type

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 21

• "B" Better Believe it.
    It has Fooled me a Few Times down the Love Lines where I suddenly felt On.. Fire with Desire.
    Good luck and Great question, @Flow_like_the_wind xx

• My type is very much blonde with blue eyes.

I dated a guy who was brown haired and had green eyes once. Was fine. He was cute in his own way.

My fiance is blonde with blue eyes though so it looks like I ended up with my type anyway.

• I ain't got no type 🎶
    but I wouldn't date anyone I'm not attracted to either

• The guy I'm just starting to date is not "my type" at all. I typically like guys with dark hair and dark eyes, very light skin, and a clean cut style. This guy is strawberry blonde and blue eyed and his ideas are very different my own. But I find him really interesting and he makes me feel safe and comfortable and forget about the things I'm insecure about so I'm feeling good about it anyway.

• It'd prefer to date someone who is my type, but right now I'm not being too picky about that. I currently like a guy I have nothing in common with and am complete opposites with.

• I don't really have one type, before i had a type a tall blonde guy with blue eyes but I've been attracted to so much other guy (Asian guys generally) who doesn't fit at all my "type (They're the complete opposite of my "type' (dark hair / eyes, on the short side) that I don't think I have a type anymore honestly.

• I voted B

• That asking me like "would you eat eggs even though I know you hate them and get sick by eggs but would you eat it" guess my answer.

• Yeah of course.

• If nothing clicks then I won't.

• What do you mean by type? Physically?

Appearance isn't everything. I'm open to dating guys I have a *connection* with.

Usually it is about physical appearance yeah. Like if you're not attracted to blondes but you find one blonde guy attractive. Though I get where you're coming from since personality is more important.

• I used to have a type but I don't anymore, I'm finding all guys are my type as long as we have a sexual and mental connection.

• sure why not? as long as they look their age 😂 (wouldn't wanna date a 14 year old who looks 11) and is at least my height *lists every other preference* 😂😂

• I don't even know what my type is so I haven o idea lol

• Depends on their personality

• Maybe

I know this is completely irreverent to the question, but I've noticed everytime you comment on one of my questions you're always one of my last commenters lol.

Oh am I? lol Didn't know I had that kind of pattern going on here. I never even noticed.

Lol yeah. Kind of like when you show up at a party late and when most of the people are gone you're just getting in lol. I do pick up some things here.

• Hm... maaaaybe.

• I have...

• I don't have a type

• I have before. The relationships haven't worked out. So i prefer not to

• I'm pretty open to people look wise but personality wise I have a type. As long as they don't hate what I like I'm cool. If they don't have tattoos but are cool with someone who loves them and has them it's okay. I'm not big on technology but I'm okay with dating someone who is because it's cool learning new things.

I had an ex who dated me because I wasn't his type at all not someone who he would typically date. Turns out he was completely embarrassed of me which is so dumb as to why he would even bother being with me.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't limit myself too much but if there's not at least some physical attraction and we don't have anything in common then it probably won't work out.

From my experience, conversations would dry up fast if we had nothing in common, regardless of how attractive they were.

• If their personality complement Mines. If we don't clash then any personality would do for me. I don't have a type. I'd go for anybody as long as I want to pursue them

• It depends on if you define "type" as physical characteristics or emotional/personality traits. For me, the latter is more important; if she's hot but we can't have fun together, then there's no point. So I'm willing to go out of "my type" or what I think is "hot" when I superficially judge women in order to find someone that's actually worth it, even if she doesn't fit stereotypes I was accustomed to

• that just sounds like a waste of time to me cuz when you're type does come around your going to drop that person and that person you drop is probably going to feel like shit

• For sure I would. That's because I don't even have a type.

• Possibly, if a girl has a sense of humor I can look past a lot. of things.

• I prefer my type but I can't get a girlfriend so I'll take anyone at this point lol

• No. What's the point.

The point? Well if you're attracted to that person and if you're compatible I don't see why not.

If you don't find her attractive, then she's not your type. If you like her personality, but not her looks, do her a favor and stay friends. It will save her a lot of confusion and pain later on down the road... Because, *drum roll*... She's not your type.

I'm categorizing a group of people. You seem to be focused on the person themself. If you're not attracted to let's say East Asians, but you find one East Asian you are attracted to, it still doesn't mean you're attracted to East Asians as a whole, just that one person. That's it, just one person. That one person may be your type but East Asians in general aren't.

• Dude, that is literally the definition of type. The kind of person you date.

Dude, if I date a tall girl, it doesn't mean I find tall girls attractive, I just find that one tall girl attractive. She's an exception. Still doesn't mean I'm attracted to tall girls in general. So basically I'm saying that even though tall girls aren't my type, I found that one tall girl I like.

Well I mean. I guess that means she was enough of your type for you to like.