Potential clingy liar?

I went on a bad dinner date with someone I met online that I don't really wish to see again. How can I let him down easy?

To elaborate because I know it'll be asked:
- He was a good deal heavier than any picture I had seen of him.
- Was not impressed with his table manners (pet peeve).
- Talked about himself too much.
- Severe clingy vibe
- Found out he is two years younger than what he originally told me (24).

Texting conversation has been minimal on my end since then. We're just not compatible enough for long term and I don't want to waste my time. But I can see telling him this will probably result in turning into a long conversation.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was just one date, then I don't see the big deal. Just tell him that he's not your type but that you wish him the best. You should be straight forward and firm, especially since he might be clingy. He'll be stung and hurt, but you know, that's part of being young.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just text him to say you won't be seeing him again. Then leave it at that. He'll move on from it. Keep it quick and simple or it will end up in an in depth long drawn out convo

What Guys Said 1

• Well if he is very clingy and also a liar, I don't think there is any easy way of putting him down. You have to direct I suppose.

What Girls Said 4

• I have gone on online dates and one guy actually looked nothing like the picture (completely different race), I ended the date and I never contacted him again. I would just ignore this guy.

Ah, the good ole ghosting method. Considering it. Feeling a little bad his hoodie is in my car though 😂

• Just wait til he asks you out again and when he does, say sorry not interested. The end.

• I'd just say it politely and directly. Works most of the time for me as I say it as it is :)

• Those are red flags and I think you would be wasting your time with him.