Is dating 10 years too long?

My boyfriend and I are both 25 and we have dated since we were both 15 years old. Of course, being in high school and college we broke up many times. We moved in together almost 2 years ago and we pay our own bills. I guess my question is whether or not we have been dating too long. For the past 8 months or so I have really been nagging my boyfriend about getting married. I just feel like it's time. He insists that he will soon, but he is bad with money and can barely afford his bills. I do love him, but I'm afraid ill regret nagging him about it for this long. It's weird because I never saw myself as the type that would care about marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering your age the answer has to be no. between 15-25 you've both changed from children to adults. It's not the same thing.

To be honest I'd argue if you're both happy you never need to be married. It's personal choice. Bills and life come first you can't push someone who isn't ready into it.

Now ask yourself this - do you want to get married or do you want to get married to him? if the answer isn't the latter you aren't ready. if it is the latter... you're going to have to wait until he is ready as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest with you, you need to ask yourself if waiting for him this long is even worth it. 10 years is very good considered you started out in HS. Its not like you started it out now and your in your 30's, then its really bad. You need to ask him what does he mean by 'soon', and where does he see you two going, is on the same page as you. Because if you feel that your putting in all the effort then you have to leave him no matter how much you say you love him. Because in marriage, love is not enough to keep it up. Just warning you now. Again, if you see other factors that disqualifies him as a husband, and you cannot see yourself submitting to him as a wife in ALL things, even when he's bad with money, and can barely pay his bills. Then let it go. Don't be with a person where you can't equally share the burden with and you refuse to do it 100% every day of your marriage life.

What Guys Said 3

• The total time doesn't really count since you both started young. Like it doesn't make sense if you met at 11 years old and then expect to be married by 21 simply because you have been dating for 10 years.

• Did u forget to marry? Lmao.

• Maybe he wants to be more stable before getting married

What Girls Said 1

• hi, is it possible it appears its about marriage but that has evolved from you desiring a progression within your relationship? youve lived together for two years and it sounds like youve grown up and he is still behaving a bit more youthful and hasn't grown with you. really about the nagging do you really want someone to marry you because you nagged them into it? are you feeling like a family desire is coming along and you need more commitment from him? have you even ever questioned whether he is the one?