Is this a good reason not to pursue relationships?

Because you don't want another financial burden? This is why I think friends with benefits is the best route to go until you want to invest money in a relationship.

• Good reason
  • Bad reason

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this a good reason not to pursue relationships?
    A. Good reason

To me whatever reason you don't want to pursue relationships is a good reason. I am generally not interested because I don't want a sexual burden is some dude nagging me for BJ's, pressuring me for anal, or whining for sex when I am uninterested because he thinks the boyfriend 'title' means obligated sex with no to little effort.

Casual multi dating is the often the suited way to go for me. No sexual activity just dudes paying for interesting dates.

Most Helpful Guy

• Makes sense.

In a relationship, women often expect you to pay for their half of the dates and ocassionally buy them gifts.

In a fwbs scenario, they have sex with you without any expectations or investment required. The down side is that girls typically have higher standards on looks for casual sex so its harder to get a girl to agree to fwbs than it is to get them to agree to a relationship.

What Girls Said 13

• Relationships should never be ones top priority (unless you have kids with them ofc). Plus you're young and finance shouldn't really matter in relationships at this point. Only time finance matters is with kids or if you have some kind of stay at home mum, other than that not really. If you do want a relationship anyway just make sure she's one of those ladies that like or often to pay for themselves.

• Finances has nothing to do with relationships. You set how you chose to spend on dates. If you have to be with a person that empty's your pocket, then it has to do with you, not that person. Its about responsibility, just like having sex is a responsibility. Finances is not going to be a problem unless you allow it, and god forbid somebody catch disease or get pregnant. Then worry about your pocket. Its only a burden when your irresponsible, don't think before you act, and when you allow it to.

• it's just a bad reason. Not all women want a guy for their money. I couldn't give a rats ass about how much a guy makes. I actually feel bad when someone spends money on me, why? Because they worked hard for their money and I'm not a gold digger. I'd rather spend time with a guy instead of their money. Not all girls are gold diggers so yeah it's a bad reason

• It doesn't cost money to have a relationship. If two people like each other they don't have to go out and spend money to enjoy each other's company.

Not true

A lot? No. but yeah it'd be nice to be taken out at some point and do something nice. But it isn't necessary to drop lots of money on her all the time. If you're with a girl that expects that she probably isn't worth your time

A decent girl would be understanding. There's lots of us out there believe it or not

• Wow, you sound pretty conceited. I think your priorities should be reconsidered. Is money really gonna be there during holidays cooking a big dinner and running around playing with toys? I believe bring poor and building up together is a great test to see if you can work as a team, through anything...

• Good reason. I didn't even flirt with guys until I was employed.

• I know that in a relationship I don't expect him to spend every penny he earns on me. I'm his girlfriend, not some materialistic girl. As long as he shows his affection, that's all I need. Him buying me something, even if it's just candy, is sweet enough once in a while.

• Be honest with the young lady, if she cares about you, she won't care!

• You shouldn't be spending a whole lot if you are in a healthy relationship. Ideally both of you are putting in equal amounts of effort and money into your activities, meals, vacations, trips, etc.

• Find yourself a female who works and doesn't ask for much.. there are a few out there

• So besically you wanna have sex without paying? Do you feel like you are paying for sex while you are dating? Does it mean i deserve to have sex with a guy who i pay for dinner? lol

• If you like or maybe even love the person enough, money shouldn't be a barrier.

• You're always going to have financial burdens regardless. Even if you don't have to support someone else, you still have your self to support.

What Guys Said 6

• A relationship doesn't have to be a financial burden.

• dude dont listen to trump, you dont have to take a woman furniture shopping to get laid.

• Or you can find an actual partner, one that also has income so the other person doesn't become a financial burden as you say.

• Sounds pretty cheap

• A girlfriend shouldn't be a financial burden. If she is, ditch her, she isn't worth you.

• Fuck what others say telling you not to do it or that it's bad for you. You decide what you really want to do or not want to do for whatever your reasons may be.