Guy on the internet wants to meet me, as he thinks I look better than I really do. What should I do?

I met this guy online, who has seen about 4 pictures of me. He is now obsessed with me and wants to meet me, but the problem is that I look way better in the photos than in real life. To be honest, I'm not attractive at all in real life. Therefore, I'm very scared of how he will react if he meets me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• your a dumb kid if you meet some random guy who likes 4 pictures. unless you dont mind ending up on tv as a missing kid who's parents will never see you again because the guy is some crazy kid rapist who will kill you.

what you jut said is nothing but red flag city, and i really dont think your that stupid are you?

Nope, but I have known him for several years, and he has a valid Facebook account...

Oh come on! Not everyone on the internet is bad! When you say that think this~ You are on the internet.. are you a rapist or a murderer? Is the answer is nope then get over yourself because sometimes you will meet these amazing people on the internet! My best friend is an internet friend!

@Eminem_Millie i have seen enough kids on the news that have vanished and other things due to internet interactions. its crazy to trust anyone online unless you have a way too find out about them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be cautious! Have lunch or go out in daylight. Have someone to text, if you don't respond in the allotted time then there will be flags raised! Make sure that at least two other people know where you are, who you are with, and when.

What Guys Said 11

• Honestly if he has a half a brain he will already be expecting that. I like to call "myspace angles" It just depends on how different your photos actually are. I've met girls that look better in their photos since they use the high up angle and you can't tell that they are very over-weight.

• Video chat with him just before you meet and don't go faking your shit up. Be yourself.

• Send him a terrible picture. See if he still wants to.

• many girls have this fear and it's usually unfounded. we all post our best pictures over the internet... so any rational man expects a slight difference. As long as you didn't photoshop that or there's a difference of 50 lbs, etc... I wouldn't be too worried. If you ARE really worried-send a selfie of how you look today or typically and see what he says. it would be better to find out that way than in person.

• If you meet the guy be careful cause he could be anyone
    it wouldn't matter to me what a girl looks like as long as she is honest.
    I'd rather meet a plane jane type of girl instead of a real pretty girl i know
    it doesn't take much for me to develop feelings for a girl no matter what
    she looked like but i would hope she be honest about what i look like too.

• Send a video message then.

• Take the chance anyways?
    You probably look great, and his opinion won't change.
    But regardless even if it does, so what? Keeping it entirely online isn't going to be satisfying. You're going to cross that bridge eventually, and if he doesn't like you, just move on to someone better.

• I think you should just send him one of the worst photos you have to see what he does. Just show right now how you are, put an end to the doubt.

i bet he still wants to see you.

• Not put up deceptive pictures in the first place?

• I Iook better in real life than photos lol

• I think you should meet him, but be safe.

What Girls Said 9

• I'd be more concerned about meeting up with a random stranger from the internet, than how attractive you look Especially considering you stated he has an " obsession"with you

• I would go w him.

Lucky you I look like SHIT in pictures even when I try to photoshop them. People always tell me that I look nothing like my pictures.

Since you are photogenic I bet your selfies are amazing looking

• I'm sure it's all in your head, but I know how you feel. Have you guys face timed or video called any?

No, I lack the courage to do it.

I think you should start of there. You have to be courages to get anywhere in life <3 Why don't you try today? I really wish you the best of luck !!

Thank you very much, and you are right <3

• You should do what u want to do. what do you have to loose? feel secure and confident and move forward, you will never know if you don't. don't live with regrets.

• Just tell him you don't meet up with strangers from the Internet that's it.

But I really like him.

Find someone else who isn't completely
      shallow. There's a 99% chance the guy never would have contacted you if you wouldn't have had these pictures online in the first place if he's really that obsessed with them.

• Just go with it. You can't just change yourself overnight and don't even try.

• How long have you guys been talking?

We have been talking for 2 years (on and off).

Okay. Thank you for the advice :)

Welcome :))

• If you didn't cake face in the pictures then why would you be scare?

• How old is he. Just curious genuinely