Male attention?

I need to know why is this happening and how do I fix it. I feel like I need to be more confident about myself but I just CAN'T stop craving for male attention. I try in so many ways, when I go out, dating apps, etc.

My relationship with my dad is not the best, we fight a lot, all the time and he won't listen. My childhood was okay I think. I CAN'T see why is this happening, I have always had a good relationship with men in my family and in general.

It's stressing me, it's even gross for me but the feeling I get everytime a guy looks at me, flirts with me, whatever, it is just different and I love that feeling. I feel so miserable and embarrassed to talk about this with someone else.

What Guys Said 1

• "My relationship with my dad is not the best, we fight a lot, all the time and he won't listen." And then you said, "I have always had a good relationship with men in my family." That two sentences are contradictory, which means you are not being honest with yourself. Quite often, girls who can't have a good relationship with their dad try to fill that need by seeking attention from other guys. . . but attention from someone else will never be a substitute for having a decent relationship with your dad.

Have you tried talking to him lately?

P. S. You are probably not an alien! You are unique, of course, but so is everyone else! Lots of people feel like they are different, don't quite fit in, etc., and they never talk about it with their friends, so everybody goes around thinking that they are the only one who feels that way, but it is actually quite common. Unless you have a third eye in your belly button! :)

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you felt like you didn't get enough attention from your father while you were growing up, so subconsciously you enjoy getting attention from any other man. I think it would help you if you made an appointment with a psychologist.