Feeling like a Nobody?

Well.. This isn't exactly a true question - I'm just looking for advice on a topic. Hopefully I can get some here.. Basically my issue is this, I have been with the same boyfriend for 2years now and we have a beautiful son together. Over the past 2years we have had our fair share of ups and downs - I came into this relationship with a drug problem and that has been an ongoing issue up until I sought help and treatment. I've been doing very well & I am quite proud to say so. But my boyfriend has no faith in my recovery and is always putting me down. I feel like he doesn't support me much. I can't lie there are times when I feel he is totally with me and all for me, but than at other times he's just not. Tonite I got super anxious and upset and I began to cry.. I guess I just wanted him to comfort me and hug me and tell me everything would be ok.
I'm a girl, and girls just need that validation at times. But instead he called me childish and he was harsh toward me. He also said he is just waiting for the day I mess up again. It hurt my feelings a lot and made me feel very alone inside. I love this guy more than words can describe, he's everything to me. It just hurts so bad when he gives me the cold shoulder like he did tonight. Like I said before, literally all I wanted was a hug and some validation that I'm loved and appreciated and he's there for me. I needed that, I needed that real bad. But I didn't get it and it truly broke my heart.. Anyone know what is happening to us? Or some advice? Anything?

1mo please respond!! I'm like totally beside myself rn!

What Guys Said 1

• if you were a latina I would expect you to take it, but yet again I dont wanna be like that at all, because Ik how you feel. i dated in my race and I'm be honest, I'm emotional and some girls ignore it and it kinda brings me down. Like like i have my bad days too, but your not gonna care because you expect me to hide my emotions or something?

hope you know what im talking about.

What Girls Said 1

• Your boyfriend sounds like he lacks empathy. Was he always like that? Did you try to tell him that all you were seeking from him was emotional closure?