He "likes me" but why won't he "love me"?

I've been dating this guy for about a month now and he just won't say he loves me. I could say that he loves me in a joke like for example he would ask why he should do something for me and I would answer: "Because you love me" and he would say I never said I loved you. Which makes things really awkward.

Why won't he say he loves me? Does he not?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes a longer time for guys to say I love you then girls. If you force it or bring it up like how you are doing right now, I find that its gonna take him longer. Plus, it's only been 1 month. That's a short period of time. He may not love you right now but as long as he's committed to you like how he is now then you shouldn't stress. Don't bring it up and if he asks ever randomly for example "do you love me?" I'd say "why are you asking me that? Only time can tell" Sometimes it can freak guys out

What Guys Said 2

• Its only been a month I would stop pressing the issue with him honestly. The first 6 months of relationship is very lusty and easy to confuse feelings. Just have fun and things will progress how they are meant to.

Some girl tried telling me she loved me after we were dating for 3 weeks, that basically scared me off. I was like holy shit, this girl is crazy.

• he's using you.

What Girls Said 3

• It's only a month. Love takes time. He probably hasn't reached the point of love yet and doesn't want to say something he doesn't mean. I couldn't say I loved the guy I fell in love with until about 3 months after I started liking him.

• A month is way to early to say I love you to anyone. Wait 6 at least.

• A month is too early to love someone it takes me at least a year to be inlove

And he's being honest appreciate that i hate when guys say they love me when they dont really feel it... and one month is way to early