Guys, what is the ideal way you'd like to be asked out?

I need ideas for how I'm going to ask out my college crush.

2mo I haven't talked to this guy much at all. Just casual, "is the homework due?" type things.
1mo I talked to him today after class and it felt pretty awkward. I asked him what his next class and the then asked if I could walk with him. He said he didn't care. We had a very brief conversation after I asked him if he played an instrument. He was pretty quiet and we were silent pretty much until we got to his class and I looked back at him and chuckled nervously and said "Later" and he didn't say anything. I don't know if he was shy or just really didn't want to talk.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd just like the girl to come right out and say she's interested and not mess around to much with dropping hints and all that stuff. A little flirting or whatever is fine to see if he kinda plays along but its just better tell him so he knows for a fact you are interested and not playing games. Just strike up a conversation, maybe look for a moment where it makes sense to touch his arm or something, and if he kinda seems into you just be like "hey I kinda like you, do you wanna do something this weekend" or something to that effect in your own words and see what he says.

I'm not good at flirting so I was just planning on asking questions like, "What's your next class?" "I walk that way too. Want to walk together?" "You look like you're into music, do you play anything?" And see if he cares enough to keep the conversation going.

Yeah if he has any interest at all he'll probably want to engage in conversation. And yeah just try to find any opening to talk to him more and the relationship will probably grow from there.

What Guys Said 22

• Just be straightforward about it. I do not care about how much that we knew each other or talked. If a girl is truly confident enough to ask me out, I would respect her confidence and accept the date. Afterwards, if the connection gets better, then we'll just fuck. ;) ;)

That's kind. Not every man is like that. I feel like most maybe would reject me fairly quickly if i were to approach them.

Maybe some of them are stuck on their upbringing or still brainwashed by the media. They are taught to believe that a guy is considered a "real man" if he is the one initiating the conversation. Some of them believe that a girl asking them out is a threat to their masculinity.

• If you don't know WHAT he LIKES, then find out first
    thereafter it's easy to get him to accompany you to one of these
    e, g,
    coffee
    football game
    dancing
    sports bar
    golf fishing etc.
    whatever

He looks like he's into music so I was going to ask if he plays an instrument.

We are not having a conversation it seems
      you write solutions that fail then I am to listen & respond
      while you listen to no one
      Let's end this monologue now, good bye, good luck

Butthurt af hahaha

• I think the best thing to do would just walk up and ask him to come have some coffee with you. He'll get the point.

It doesn't if you've never talked to him before, its probably better that you haven't honestly.

Yea, the next time I see him I was going to go ask him to go grab a coffee or something so I can get a real answer about his interest.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2141851-i-approached-him-now-what I asked a another question that actually has written what he said to me

• Just ask him to go do something with you, and if he mentions the word date, tell him it is one or you'd like it to be. If you can't be that bold, start hanging around with him a little more often, and be touchy-feely. Touch his arm, grab his hand, etc.

I had a girl in high school - we liked each other and I didn't know, bought prom tickets and said "I really like you, and I was hoping you'd go to prom with me, and I already got us tickets."

I think she caught me checking her out and finding reasons to hang out with her because we shared after school activities.

• The only thing that would be awkward to me is some girl, I don't really know, walking up to me, and asking me out. If I know her enough, If I've talked to her enough times, then I don't really care how she does it. If I don't know her, then I will say no regardless of what she looks like.

Would you prefer that she start talking to you then?

Yes, talking is good. If we get a long well and connect, I don't mind she does it that first time. Sometimes it takes longer, but I will not say yes to a girl I do not know.

Good to know.

• just be forward about what you want and feel. ask questions like "do you have a girlfriend?, do you like me, or am i pretty if he finds you attractive that means he likes you. and ask if you could be his girlfriend? or how ever you want to say it.
    its so easy and soo simple.

• ask for meeting somewhere out. Any guy can understand what you mean.

• "Hey, do you want to get some lunch?"

• Just come up to me, tell me you like me and suggest hanging out. Simple.

Even if we've not spoken much before?

@mits777 I think you're being more wishful than realistic. You probably wouldn't do that either in reality, and are just imagining the dreamy situation in your head. But hey, I don't know you.. and I'm outta here. OP must be bored with this chat in his opinion already.

@mikemx55 Ok, bye. I do what I say, no reason to lie in some forum where no one knows me. I really care for whoever becomes intimate to me. What I say is reality not a wish. If you have lived alone in different countries you will understand better what I say. When you get more mature you will understand what I mean. For having fun sex only it doesn't matter as long as the guy is attractive, but for relationship all I mentioned are true.

• I used to want that, but the truth is if women ask men out games will be played. Men are to ask out the ladies because then men will take the relationship seriously.

• Great question! For me I would rather get the obvious hints and then ask her out. I think do it like us guys do.. Casually say Hey, do you want to go grab a coffee?

Even if we've not spoken much before?

Well you did and that helps.. Is he or you struggling on any courses as in a suggestion of tutoring? It could be a great in..

We're in a trigonometry class together. I'm not doing very well in the class, I'm not sure about him.

• just being asked out would already be a great start lmao. if I set requirements it will be even less likely lol

• " hi , i am going to get a cup of coffee would you like to join me?" surprisingly unlike women men actually dont flat out ignore or insult a girl who approaches them.

I fear that a lot.

yeah we all do the easiest method i have found to get ckose enough to that person so when i ask for something lie this it doesnrlt come from a complete stranger

• I don't mind as long as a girl tells me. Whatever she tells me either being straightforward " I like you" or "Lets go out together" etc doesn't make a difference, if I like the girl too I go for it. We become so happy when girls ask out us

As long as she's pretty, right?

Can I message you? I'll have my photo in my profile

• Bluntness goes a long way. Just simply ask him out on a date.

• Be direct. I don't pick up on flirting

• Just rip my pants off and start sucking

• Just be simple and straight and go for it

• Break a glass bottle over my head when I least expect it.

• Ask him for his phone number.

• It's easy; think about how you'd like to be asked out, then apply that logic in reverse. Simples!

Hmmm.

As long as the way you'd best want to be asked out isn't too weird or something. Y'know. XD

• Just be assertive and self-confident ;)