Can teenage love be true love? I would want to know , I've always wanted teenage love and he seems really sweet. So I need ur opinions guys & girls?

Just wondering if it's possible, because many relationships I see in highschool don't last.. And why

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing like teenage love. It's crush and attraction is what they go through, it's possible they might even feel sexual attraction but that is not love. Love is above all, one needs to have minimum maturity level to even understand what love truly is and in teenage years, it's a growing phase mentally, emotionally.

Hence it's highly unlikely that teenagers would understand love is so logically it's not possible that they can be in love and so teenage love doesn't exist. At least not according to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its possible if you have love to give and with the right people who feels the same. At those ages, most guys want to do what others are into doing sexually, especially porn. They are not thinking about the future, except how many virgins they can deflower, keep score how many sex partners they had, etc. 9/10 x its all lust. Very few have long lasting and loving relationships well into adulthood and rarely into marriage if they marry at 18 or early 20's. And I do say extremely few. As in less than 2% out of 100% of relationships. And if it lasted pass HS, most relationships die in college or at least by the end of college because of different views and values. Remember that your still maturing and growing. Take this time to build character and become a woman. When the time is right, you may come across somebody who would be good for you. HOWEVER, just because thing seem perfect in the beginning, if you handle your relationships wrong no matter how perfect it will fail. Gain wisdom first. Find out what you want and NEED in a relationship. What are your goals and intensions for one, wither your waiting till marriage for sex or is looking for a sexual relationship. Make it clear from the beginning and never compromise and settle.

What Guys Said 4

• Nah sorry, I believe it doesn't exist. There's MANY things that can be disguised as love and you won't know what true love is for awhile.

• here's an example to answer your question. my aunt and uncle got together when they were 14 and 18. They are still happily together at 49 and 53 with 4 kids :)

So it's possible...:)

yep they're proof you don't have to get married either, they never did

• It's possible but honestly it's rare most of the guys myself included were little horny bastards

How do you know that he's horny? Spare me years of heart-break.

@SuperNovaRoyalty It's the hormones flooding thro their bloodstream , I believe most of the guys in highschool are horny bastards

• I'm a sophomore and that teenage love ain't happen yet.. and i think i know why.

Why?

no confidence and not really attractive too top it off I'm 5'4 which is short where I'm from

Um, you're perfect the way you're pal! I wanted to know if they really do last.. Maybe rare is that the answer guys, girls..

What Girls Said 8

• Honest. It can be if you let it. But what you need to consider is you will basically have another person to consider in your life decisions. If you have strong ambitions to become something and feel they will get in he way, then heartbreak will only drag you down a couple of steps. I believe its best to wait until after high school. When you know who you truly are and want out of life

• Unlikely; when you're a teen, you are developing physically, mentally, spiritually, socially, and emotionally. You could be on cloud 9 with a crush, but be blinded to reality of what is really happening.
    Guys are kinda pointless to be chasing around at this age anyways. Kinda sad, I have to wait for at least another 15 years before a relationship could actually get serious- if I get into one.

• I don't know i hope so

• I'm 18 I don't know why the fuck it says I'm 22 but I am in a relationship with someone the same age and he says I'm perfect girl for him he likes it CUZ I'm shy I'm blonde I have sapphire blue eyes I have big boobs and a big ass and skinny I rarely let him touch me in naughty places or have sex with him I'm a virgin the one thing I always let him do is cuddle me

• No don't be stupid.

Okayy.. So all these couples are going to end for the worst...😑😑

I was using it as a example. Not saying you were 13

Okayy

• Rare that it will last the rest of your life, but it can definitely happen.

• I think so

• Just puberty taking over... And while that is still considered love, it likely won't last.

And whys that? Soo it's not real...

There's no such thing as fake love - either it's love or it isn't. Just because it doesn't last doesn't mean it's not love either cause it's an emotion.

The reason it likely won't last is because at your age you're not concerned with starting a family, having someone to always count on besides your parents, etc. It's a love based purely on emotion.