Men and being established?

Do men not feel the need to not settle down if they are not established.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is an excellent question which in my opinion I am highly qualified to answer. I'm 46 and haven't come close to settling down and I am enjoying my life a lot although I miss not having a partner. The answer for me is , yes I would settle down if I met someone i really got on with and who had a lot of common interest so I could do many of the things I like to do together. What I wouldn't do is settle down for the sake of settling down NO MATTER how pretty the girl is. It's quite possible I would start red flags and alarm bells going like mad in potential partners. But I think I can safely say I speak for quite a few men in their 30s and 40s and 50s. This is the modern world and settling down to a 9-5 job and having 2.5 kids isn't everybody's idea of an idyllic lifestyle these days. So to sum it up yes we could settle down anytime but we don't settle down with anyone just for the sake of it.

What Guys Said 8

• I'll go against the grain and say that I want to settle down, and wouldn't mind, as long as it's with the right person. The person I'm with now seems to be that person (time will, of course, tell) so it's entirely possible for guys to settle down. But the other posters have a point; society has changed. It's not the 1950's anymore, and views on relationships have changed accordingly.

• Yes. A good man wants to be a protector/provider

• What's the question here?

I refuse to settle down because it's too much work and hook ups have become too easy.

• Yes!

• established as in what?

• They shouldn't settle down until they can provide which means established

• Not sure exactly what you mean by that but I think it really depends on the people involved. The guy and the girl and how each are and what kind of relationship they have together. When I wasn't "established" I was ok "settling down" if I met the right person but I knew I didn't want children until I was established. It all depends what one means by "established" and "settling down" to as they can be different from person to person. I find it funny the words people used to describe things sometimes, they are so vague or can vary so much from person to person lol. Like "established" or "settling down". Women describing themselves as "curvy" lol Don't get me wrong, I'm not poking fun at you, just amuses me in general.

• I just don't see the benefit in settling down anymore. I feel marriage is outdated and not worth the effort considering how much effort you have to put in to win a girls heart. I would rather focus on my career and enjoy the other things in life. Sorta done with women. Plus women in the west and feminist monsters... why would any guy want to commit or settle with them... boggles my mind

What Girls Said 0