He goes out of his way to make me happy but I am still confused. Is he interested?

E. g. he took me & my friends out for dinner which he paid, he tried to do nice things for my friends when they need help, he organized a surprise birthday party for me with the help from my friends & again paid for the dinner in a very decent restaurant. He always initiate texts, and he texts almost everyday, sometimes all day long until we fall asleep. He'd send me another text if I don't reply as fast as usual trying to get me answer him. He always asks me about my day & how I am. He notices little things I say. We can talk effortlessly about everything and anything. We also sometimes gaze at each other in silence without awkwardness. He canceled on his friends a couple times to see me (I'd always with my best friends, but he did single me out to talk with only me, kind of forgetting about others presence, this happened a few times). My friends secretly call him my boyfriend when he's not around. They say the way we talk & look at each other are loving and endearing.
What I am confused is he tried to hint about us going out 1 on 1 a few times, asked me if I am interested in going out with him which I said yes but he never made any actual plan (we did go out once & he had hinted many times for several weeks before it happened but that's long ago when we didn't get close yet). To add to my confusion, he referred us as 'friends' one time. However, he mentioned from time to time that he is looking for a relationship, keeps asking me indirectly if I have a boyfriend or seeing someone, and when I say I don't he doesn't seem to believe me. Funny thing is no one seems to believe when I say I am still single. I don't want to come across as self conceit but just to give you more insight, people say they don't believe that someone as sweet, kind, smart and attractive as me can be single as guys will throw themself at me.
Is he interested? Or he is seeing me as a good friend who he can talk to as he has very very few friends which he rarely talks to.

Thank you for your thoughts.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds to me like it likes you a lot. He may be wondering it you like him as much. No one wants to be the one who likes the other one more.

Thank you for your words. I hope he likes me too as I really do like him a lot. But at this point I am not sure.

Show him very clearly that you like him. Make sure you are guy clear not girl clear, LOL. If he likes you he will respond, if he doesn't you will know for sure. Again, be clear.

• I wonder if maybe you're both shy? You're waiting for him to make the first move and he's waiting for you to make the first move. This happens.. someone has to break the ice. It can be very frustrating when this scenario just continues to play out over a long time. If you like him, you might want to give him a hint. He probably thinks you have a lot of options (being an attractive woman) and he doesn't want to take too much of a risk because he fears you'll lose interest easy.

I am not sure if he is shy, I know I am not but I do have some hesitance. I used to make the first move on a guy and though it worked I had a lovely relationship with that guy for a few years I wouldn't want to go the same road again. I am not sure if there is some hesitance on his part too or he is not that into me. But the nice things that he does for me are certainly special which I believe he didn't do for anyone else. It's too obvious my friends and his staff all noticed. But here am I still don't know what to make of it.

What Girls Said 0