Can you guys accept a girl who fights?

I practice martial arts since I was 8. I can confidently bring down a group of dudes without hesitation unless they are armed.

Although I am well trained in martial arts, I am still very feminine. I am on the petite and I wear skirts and wear makeup most all the time. However whenever guys who get to know me and saw my abilities, they tend to run. Are most guys like that or no?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys are not like that. In these modern times, people are becoming more accepting of others who step outside of typical gender roles, and more and more women are doing activities that would normally be associated with males, such as being police officers, the military or mixed martial arts. You shouldn’t feel stressed or anxiety over the path you’ve chosen; you have the right to be who you are and if someone can’t accept you for who you are, all that you are, then they don’t deserve to be with you in my view.

Trust in yourself and stay confident. You’ll find the right person out there who wants to be with you and doesn’t care that you do martial arts or as you say you can take down a bunch of dudes, no problem. There is nothing wrong with being a strong, confident, woman, and I know plenty of males who appreciate such attributes in a woman, and would be thrilled to date you and be in a relationship with you. Therefore, do what is going to make you the happiest and don’t change who you are for someone else. They should accept you as you are instead. That’s my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well afaik most guys (all guys I've ever known) don't mind girls with abilities. On the flipside, they love them, love being able to brag about their girl the Black Widow or whatever dumb shit they go on bragging about.
    So it's probably either you are just really good at finding the seriously insecure guys or out of the two factors, it's not your abilities that are off-putting.

My sister say those guys have masculinity issues-.-

Its possible she might be sugarcoating things.
      Its true they might in fact have masculinity problems but its also entirely possible they have a problem with you. Not saying you need to change or anything, just saying 'guys are all pussies' is not the only factor in this.

I doubt so. I just hope i meet a guy that can accept that

What Guys Said 29

• I think that's awesome! I did martial arts too, though not for as long as I would have liked =( A girl who can fight? That would just make me feel so much better when she goes anywhere without me. It's not fun to worry about your SO being attacked especially when you live somewhere crazy lol.

• I'm so pleased you can defend yourself if need be. EVERY girl should learn the same. If these guys would give themselves time to get to know you, I'm sure they wouldn't run. They could be missing out on a perfect lady.

• Wouldn't bother me. I think it'd be kinda cool. My girlfriend could kick you a**. No, really. She could. ;)

• I'd like it except for that little red flag "I can... bring down a group of dudes"

it should be about defending yourself and others, not about being able to bring down dudes-that part makes you sound like you have a problem and something to prove to men. If I saw too many of those red flags (like 3) I'd run... but not because you're tough, because you have man issues.

I dont feel i have something to prove to man. I love meeting a guy I can submit to. I say that as a matter of fact. I can bring down a group of guys and I did before. Nothing to prove. I would not have done anything unless i am in danger of any sort

most dudes don't know how to fight, much less grapple and 90% of fights end on the ground-so grappling is all I ever cared about. But back to your interest: I DO find it a turn on the idea of a feminine girl who can kick ass, I wouldn't run from that, all else held equal (no issues as discussed).

Lol. I am not into the whole woman are better than men shit so no worries. Rather than that i would want to meet a man whom i can respect and follow.

• Id more be impressed than anything else besides martial arts and self defence are things i've been curious to learn properly at some point encase I ever need them.
    I'd probly say ok can you to show me. Walk me through some of the moves.
    Would you be ok with a guy whose martial arts training largely consists of watching shows like Dragonball and deadliest warrior?

• Yeah of course. Thats cool that she learns that stuff. I don't know any martial arts. Just street fighting. Lol

• Most guys are like that.

• no wouldn't say a turn off but i doubt you can bring down a group of guys , maybe someone your size but not someone my size , iam 6'2 and 182 lbs i also work out my two friends are the same height and weight more than me, so i doubt you can do any real damage but with smaller guys you can defend yourself.

• most guys can't fight lol, they claim they can but they have no experience

I think its kinda hot tho

I was robbed once on a date... and I fought 3 dudes. One with a knife. My date didn't call me ever again :(

Thing is I look nowhere like a man or act like one.

I don't know what you look like so I can't comment

I still think its pretty hot tho I'd love for her to show me some things too, I don't see how its that much of a deciding factor, unless they make the connection that you're crazy/too dominant or whatnot

• I doubt you could take me but I'd be up for a challenge baha.

same lol

Did you wrestle heavyweight? •____•

(If not, I imagine yr height would have been a hell of a liability)

@redeyemindtricks Nah I was 189s in HS lol

• Yeah, I love martial arts and been trained in ninjutsu, Hungar, two forms of karate and a few others. It'd be good to have a sparring partner and to know that she is able to defend herself against buttholes

Yea, sure...

@madelacroix yes I am sure, it's not that hard to take classes, if you have the money you can learn, I've taken classes and when I was young my mom's ex fiance trained me and my brothers, he learned from Steven k Hayes

• A lot of guys are insecure in their masculinity so a girl that can fight better than they can makes them feel inferior so they leave. You just need to find a guy that is secure in who they are.

• I would love this. I'm a martial artist myself.
    Honestly my ideal would be a good girl who is skilled af with fighting

• If you actively fight people, no I couldn't accept that. If you're able to defend yourself that's fine, doesn't matter to me at all. Then again If you're 6'2" 200lbs, well that's also a turn off lol.

I'm just 5'2 and 100lbs. But I only defend myself and do it for interest

Rather than injuring them i more of lock them so that they will know i have subdued them and they should back off

Thats ideal if you know what your doing.

• I could physically trash or any woman in a fair fight in like two minutes, so yes.

• I love a woman who knows martial arts. Hell I'd spar with ya. :p

• Are you for real? I've always been into martial arts. If you're serious pm me or something because finding girls into martial arts isn't easy.

Lol. That fact annoyed me for many years. I regret ever learning it

Taekwondo judo and muaythai

Nice I do 2 out of the 3 you do. Well one I practice every week and the other occasionally.

• Very feminine and you can do martial arts? A deadly combination, i like it.

I don't go around waving my fist... I just do it to defend myself

And thing is I'm 5'2 weigh 90-100 lbs and i wear dresses all the time. I don't get why my dates didn;t like me like that

I dont understand either.

• I like women who can take care of themselves.

• i can't explain excatly but some guys will run

• It wouldn't be a problem for me.. cuz I know Pankration ;)

• aww reel e yea i would like u 4 u

• Haha I don't care
    It would just suck if she ever attacked me

We would both get really hurt

• I do mix martial arts with boxing, would like to fight you sometime. They intimidated by you

• Will u protect me from bullies? :(

• Yea I love girls who can fight. What style do you practice?

• I think i'd feel less manly if i girl could kick my ass.

• they teach you that stuff, so that you can defend yourself (unless they have a weapon, like those clowns do, in which case, you RUN, you dont let them stab you). but you shouldn't just go out and start fighting people. fighting doesn't resolve anything

I don't pick fights. I fight when needed only.

good

• I like a girl who can fight. That way if something bad happens to us she isn't just expecting me to cover for 2 people, but is actually helping.

What Girls Said 3

• It's great you can fight ❤️If guys don't like it then they're not worth it. You shouldn't have to change. Especially if it could help you eg. Defence. I mean surely they'd want you to be safe. If they don't, cut them out of your life

• They better, I'm not going to change

• That's hot!