Is anyone else confused about how to start a conversation on tinder?

Hey. Whats up. (Insert comment related to their bio). That's about all I can come up with for conversation starters but they dont seem to work well. I get responses rarely. I mean they swiped right because they think I'm good looking, and I try to be witty and interesting but they don't really respond. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• Full stops are so formal!

Just replace them with exclamation marks and no full stops at the end of the messages.. If you sound enthusiastic then I reckon they'll come flockin

Also, I don't think you need to insert a comment relating to their bio all the time.. Just if they genuinely have something you find interesting

Most Helpful Guy

• It all varies but I tend to quit talking to people who give short responses and don't do anything to further the conversation. Eventually I'll run out of shit to say and the conversation will feel very forced and awkward.

One thing that baffles me is when women initiate contact but can't carry the conversation. It's like why are you talking to me in the first place?

What Girls Said 1

• why don' you start with some of cheesy lines and asking directly the questions you want to ask, relating to their picture, trust me, you just need to honest...

What Guys Said 2

• Just try to say something funny relating to their photos or description or ask them a question about either of those things.

• hey or hi is way too generic and might come across that you didn't really think about what you wanted to say to them , some of these single girls might also get a lot of messages from other guys so you'd need to stand out some how.