What do I do after coming on too strong with a girl, can I recover? will backing off help?

I've been talking to a girl for a few months now, and she made it seem like she liked me, I kept making hints to see if she did, and all signs were pointing to yes. and I fell for her pretty hard. I set up two dates and she canceled them on the day of the date. I asked her if it's just because she's being nice or if she's interested. she said she's interested but she doesn't know what she wants right now. I made a huge mistake with telling her how I feel, which got a pretty dull response. now I don't know what to do. I sent another message last night saying I know I came on too strong and that I'm not experienced when it comes to girls I like and that I never know what to say (it has been two weeks since it happened). the problem is I really like her and I have to see her at work every day. I'm not sure if I should just completely stop showing her any attention at work, I mean, if she actually liked me she would come back right?

What Girls Said 1

• I am sorry, but you should move on. She no longer likes you.

What Guys Said 1

• Just keep it light and friendly, mate.

just the casual hi and bye?

I'll try my best to find a mix. thanks mate.

Good luck, man!