Single, Depressed, and Lost. How Do I Keep My Mind Busy?

I was actually about to ask a question about relationships and dating but looking through pictures on Google of couples together to add made me sad again because it just hit me, once more, that I'm 26, single, no kids, and no relationship. I'm really sad now and feeling extremely hopeless like no one is ever going to want to be with me. I don't get boyfriends too easily and my occupation doesn't exactly show me any single males my age as I'm a high school teacher.

I don't feel pretty and I have never had a guy I date all me beautiful or say I love you but I have acquaintances with men and kids and I genuinely feel like I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. I don't really know where to go to meet someone, either. I don't drink and I've never been big on parties and clubs. I like writing and going to the library and coffee shops and bookstores. Yes, I'm being serious, I teach English, I'm not making it up.

I'm not necessarily asking for dating advice, but what can I do to get my mind off of being alone or at least be okay with it? People say you shouldn't look for love but I feel like I'm being passed over a lot and I don't know what's wrong with me.

What Guys Said 1

• Right now, there are people all over the world who are just like you. They’re lonely. They’re missing somebody. They’re in love with someone they probably shouldn’t be in love with. They have secrets you wouldn’t believe. They wish, dream, hope, and they look out the window whenever they’re in the car or on a bus, or a train & they watch the people on the streets & wonder what they’ve been through. They wonder if there are people out there like the, They’re like you & you could tell them everything & they would understand. You’re never alone.

static.yourtango.com/.../change-quote-2.jpg

What Girls Said 0