Who should drive for the first meeting?

If you are meeting someone for the first date that lives 3 hours away who should be the one to drive to meet them? (Especially when there isn't much in between)

1mo Well it seems the men say the guy should. I suppose I will just sit here and wait for him to decide to come up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if there's a definitive answer. If I were meeting a woman for the first time I would definitely do the driving.

See it seems he wants to. Which is fine, though I don't mind driving to meet him. I feel maybe his driving to meet me is anot old fashioned thing (and I'm not about to ruin that for him).

Most Helpful Girl

• The one who has a car. Or if both have cars the one who asked out the other person.

What Guys Said 2

• If you don't know each other I think meeting half-way would be the best thing to do personally.

There is literally nothing but a farm between us. As in a farm you can see how it works, but it's a lot of country the road to travel between us.

If there's no town to meet at in the middle then he should be the one driving to see you, at least I would insist on driving there.

• im old fashioned so would insist it was me. besides 3hrs driving is a short run to me as i drive a 4000mile round trip regularly

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe meet in the middle somewhere.