How do you feel about dating a girl or a guy from your class or work?

Hi guys and girls!
I was wondering what everybody thinks of dating someone from your work or your class. What if your crush is someone you'll have to see everyday? What if it doesn't work? Would you go after someone from your work or school/university and so forth?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe, it depends on... ?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a common subject. People always ask questions about getting together with co-workers, or even worse, Bosses.

This is a terrible idea.

Why?

Because, everyone will talk about this. No, you cannot keep it a secret. Everyone knows "who's doing who". People can see the subtle looks, body language, etc. People will talk about you, in some cases, negatively, because they know it isn't cool.

If the 2 parties are overt in their relationship, it creates a nonprofessional environment, which can lead to difficulties with the bosses.

If it IS a boss, then problems with the next level of management may occur. Rumors are worse. "Look who's sleeping themselves upward".. on and on.

THEN, if the relationship fails. What then? Well, the talk gets worse. The two parties themselves may talk poorly about the other person. Rumors are started. True or false, a bad environment ensues.

Nothing good becomes of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Right now, in this uni I wouldn't date anyone because all the guys are 18-19 but there is 1 syrian-Palestinian refugee who is extremely Hot , he learned how to speak French in only 3years after leaving Syria and not only that, he also managed to get in Law university, not to mention that he's the best in English in our class and has a sexy Accent when speaking French. But unfortunately he is too Liberal/sjw for my taste and he has too many hot blonde girls around him and I can't compete lol.
    I would totally date/marry some of my HS classmates from the Middle East because they are amazing and had the chance to meet them again this summer ❤️
    I would also date a couple of friends from Med school.

What Guys Said 12

• It depends if it can work out or not. If thing's didn't work out then you get stuck seeing that person everyday and all the time. And it makes it hard to heal and move on. The good part if it works out then it's cool to see them and be around them all the time.

Thank you for sharing your opinion! Then, how can you know if it can work or not?

thank you very much :)

Your very welcome.😀

• If its a job where you see each other every day and its hard to avoid having to talk to someone there's no way in a hell its a good idea. Ifs its school that's totally fine.

If you date someone for multiple years and break-up and have to talk to each other at work every day afterwards its going to be extremely horrible and hard to get over.

• Totally Yeah, however she would need to be from another department since seeing each other at the same day, everyday is just too much to the point where it's unhealthy.

• It depends on whether it's guaranteed that they like you back.

• Don't really care, I had to work with someone who was unbearable to be around, angry ex is meh.

• Big no for me because I've already done both. And it sucked.

• I avoid work, it can get messy

• Class sure, work never

• Class never.
    Work possibly.

• No way... totally inappropriate.

• I had and rejected recently. It is super bad.

• so what is a better place to date someone besides work/class

What Girls Said 7

• Dating someone from school isn't a big deal but I wouldn't be interested in dating anyone I worked with. That could lead to uncomfortable and messy situation if things didn't work out. Actually, even if it did work out, it could still cause issues in the workplace. Therefore, it's not something I would want to do.

Thank you! I'm not sure I'd be comfortable either!

I guess it might work... but sometimes top management can really be an ass about that.. you might wanna keep it a secret. I kinda have the same situation right now but rather than dating, I just wanna get it on with her... but I dont wanna deal with the consequences...

• I learned the hard way to not go after someone I work with. It can be difficult for both people. School is probably ok.

Thank you! What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for sharing the whole story! Oh my god it must have been so difficult for you :( He acted like a jerk. I can't understand people who act like that... Especially when you know you'll have to see that person everyday...

Yeah, they can be dicks. Cleaning the store was what made it easier at first, cause I could just ignore him. I'll get through it though. I just hope you don't have to go through it too.

• I can tell you it's hard at times, and hella awkward when it's unrequited, but cool when it ends up being a relationship.

• Maybe class when I go get my master's but never work.

• No because then everyone one else is also part of the relationship

• I only date guy from my class or my work because i know them well and I'm able to see them everyday. Plus they know how I look in sweatpants, baggy shirt and without any make up and still love me so...
    Better than dated someone I don't know and wait 3 month before letting him see my bareface.

• I would not want to date someone at work, ideally. If things did not work out, it could get really awkward or worse, dramatic. plus, if I was the one with the interest, I wouldn't want to initiate it. It could exclude me from group work or communication that goes on in the workplace.

Thank you for sharing :) I totally understand! I think it's a tough situation!