Should I let my friend set us up?

I really like this guy at work, let's call him Jake. We don't know each other more than seeing each at work, we haven't talked yet. Thing is, my friend is good friends with Jake's best friend Matt. And she told me she could ask Matt to give my number to Jake and kind of set us up. I'm really shy, and I'm afraid this won't work and I'd still have to see both of them at work and I don't know die from embarrasment?
What's your take on this?

What Guys Said 2

• Work relationships are always complicated. Try it if you like, but personally, I'd try to date out of work. Just too awkward if things go south.

• You're obviously interested in him, so. Try to build up your own conversation / interaction with him. At least break the ice, other wise you'll get set up with someone you see a lot, but have not spoken to? Isn't that scenario a stranger one? It's scary, I know being shy myself but worth the effort. Gl

What Girls Said 1

• If you like that guy, then sure. I don't see why not.