I need to find a girlfriend and I am feeling so depressed?

I am feeling so depressed cuz I just need a person to love... I have nobody to care about so much... I miss this feeling of love... I didn't have girlfriend before but my depression is getting severe... I often beg for help at night to whoever responsible for all the pain I have... It's like I feel so cold and lonely inside even that I have friends and stuff... A gap needs to be filled in my heart

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if you do get a girlfriend somehow maintaining a relationship is not as simple as easy as you'd expect it to be. Maybe in the beginning it might be easy and then things get comfortable, but over time, things will change and the changes could cause the relationship to end and the both of you would still have to go your separate ways.

You'd only be in a bigger emotional mess and even more depressed and unhappy that you are now if you were in a relationship that didn't work out and you had to break up, or that she decides to leave you.

Because happiness comes from within, and not from the other person. If you solely depend and rely on the other person to provide you completeness, wholesomeness and happiness then all of that would be gone once the relationship fails and then you would have to break up either way.

Only you can complete you. Only YOU can figure out what will bring you fulfillment and happiness and not solely depend on another person to provide happiness to you.

about that i may get a break up is so suggested and i agree it may gets me more depressed but its easy to say that i can be happy without relationships when you are non virgin and had relationship with a person you liked even if for amount of time ... i dont expect a girlfriend to be my wife... but i have to have a mate at this age... i perhaps breakup and then get depressed for time then get in other relationship and it goes on... this is more natural than being always cold alone and read about people 16 and less having sex normally while you dont even know what cuddling really feels like... i am not unhappy... i am in pain and depressed

Thanks for MHO!

dude you should not care about that... cmon -.-

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think a girl is going to cure your depression. YOU have to treat it yourself. People often mistake that a way to be happy is to do so through somebody else. I mean, it could add on to your happiness, but only you are in charge of it.

It's good that you want somebody to love, but sometimes a boyfriend or a girlfriend don't come when we want them. For this reason, I would take this free time to prepare yourself for this lucky girl, whoever she will be. Go experience life, LIVE, learn some lessons, grow, and don't take anything for granted. Go have fun. Get out more and expose yourself to people

I agree with that... I am doing my best to do what you are saying... and I know a girl won't cure depression... But I will be able to cure it myself by time if I got one... Its the reason I got depressed... I was always waiting and I still am... I am doing your advice but whenever I walk outside and see couples or all that single girls I can't stop thinking about it... At night I barely breath

Well, I really admire that you want to love a woman. I really don't see a lot of that lately, but main reason I worry about how you are now is becuase I fear that when you do meet a lady, you'd be so hellbent on pleasing her no matter what, that you'd even excuse how she may poorly treat you. Because who knows; the girlfriend you get will not necessarily mean she's the one. She could be the worst person you ever met. That's why I encourage you to mature and develop more so that you can watch out for these things and be able to stand up to her when things are unfair.

lol one of the things that maybe bad about me but i like it and i dont give a shit is that my pride is so freaking high even when i am depressed and my ego and self esteem is always so high and i dont accept losing my pride... at the same time you are right.. i am the type of guy who like to make his princess the happiest girl and i like cuddling and kissing and these stuff and i would care about her so much... and this may go to the wrong girl... but believe it or not i enjoy loving... i enjoy caring about a girl especially when she needs it... i like being in love lol... sometimes i think it gonna kill me if i got the wrong girl... but at least at that point i will die happy cuz as i tasted happiness and enjoyment of love and finally caring about someone :)

• Then go out there and met some gals! ✊

What Guys Said 4

• Kinda been there and to some degree I still am and I came to the conclusion, that a girl (friend) is unlikely to fix me up.

You better start finding happiness independent from other people because people can be in control and their intentions aren't nice that often.

Sure, guys have it harder finding a relationship. You can start getting used to it as soon as you are able to. The pain you endure will prolong for as long as you live.

Until maybe one time you meet an amazing girl to show you around.

nah i dont wanna get used to it... plus i am not really unhappy... it depression that doesn't mean i am unhappy... but i am in pain sometimes

• Trust me... I feel your pain.

• Head to the boxing gym, young man.

i was thinking about it thanks... i like how you called me young man like as you are my grandpa or something XD

• the depression may be caused by other reasons , have you talked to a doctor or seeked any treatment? medication? it could be solved through medical means or other therapies
    I'm not convinced dating is going to cure it

Yeag I did... I was afraid to confess why I was depressed so the doc said that I know how to treat myself

but did he actually do anything to help you? it doesn't sound like you were cured

He couldn't cuz he gave me medical stuff but he also said that I should help myself to get out of it... But I seriously prefer dying on staying single virgin... It's unhealthy af... And I am not ugly nor fat nor poor