High school relationships?

Do you think relationships in high school is a good idea? Do you think teenagers are mature enough to to handle relationships at this time?

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I remember most relationships I knew of ended. I just don't find many people in high school that have the maturity level to keep one stable. But obviously it's different for every high school and person. I just think they're more often than not a waste of time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Relationships are different in all stages of life. Dating as a grown up will not be the same as dating as a teenager. So, you should enjoy dating life as a teenager (it's more enjoyable) - but not take it seriously. Always prioritize your education. ;) Just know that if your relationship lasts until your senior year and you won't be going to the same college as your boyfriend/girlfriend, it will be emotionally difficult when you're apart.

Vehemently disagree that dating as a teenager is more enjoyable. The rest is pretty on point though.

@ProbablyTooMature You must have a great dating life then! I find it gets more and more complicated as I get older.

Well sure, but you shouldn't let the detract from how enjoyable it is. One good lesson to learn early on is that communication is key to just about everything. Communicate expectations, wants, desires, issues, problems, etc. Resolves a lot of the complications. Also, recognizing red flags and incompatibilities early on is HUGE. Don't think "hey, maybe they'll change" or "maybe if I give them another chance".

What Guys Said 6

• nope, not long term relationships anyway, there might have been 1 out of every 200 that actually stayed together after highschool

• It's not my business to decide for others what is best for them. If it goes to shit, then they learn from it.

• my ex left me 6 times freshmen year and worst part was she didn't evem go to the same school as me? So it technically not a real relationship especially since she texted me more often

That sucks

hate to calk Myslef inferior but its attractive too me. But i realized through studies those white girls are really picky and tend to choose white guys. And ya some are different. But i havn that seen same % yet.

Ya adhd fuks up my spelling so sorry

• Mature? No probably not. But they should kinda date around so they can decide the qualities they do or don't like. I dated a girl for 2.5 years in high school

• Do it but also remember there is life after high school too

• Never had one :(

I would have loved one! The intense hormones, drama, being super in love with each other, sneaking around...

Sigh... Wasn't meant for me I guess...

What Girls Said 4

• Some adults aren't mature enough to handle relationships. It depends on the person. I don't see the harm in it as long as they aren't having sex and if they are then she is on the pill.

• Yeah you learn from your mistakes or you actually find love.

• I don't think they're a bad or good idea. I think it depends on the maturity level of the teenager

• Yeah, I know people younger than me dating already