There is no point to life?

It seems like everything is a distraction from something else...

I have been in a down/bad mood for a while trying to get over an ex.
I did get over her, accepted I wouldn't get closure and kept myself busy with work and other activities and it really did help. I stopped thinking about her, my brain was trained not to.

I guess I realized that I don't like my job, friends, or any of my hobbies.

Of course I could chase happiness, get a better job, be more outgoing, find fun new hobbies etc.

But there is no point?

At the end of the day all we are here to do is to Work, Take Part in some useless recreational activities/hobbies and then die.

So in life, we are honestly just keeping ourselves busy with work/school... but most of use hate that, so we keep ourselves busy with hobbies, friends, relationships...

But is there a point to anything? or Should we just keep being busy until we die?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, this life is probably all you will get, so accept it and embrace it.

Maybe I am having a hard time accepting reality...

• 27d

I just was overthinking about all my options, and was scared of making the wrong choice.

It just made me realize, I have to make a decision of what I feel is best at the time. Stand by it, and move on with life. If it was wrong, then I learn from it but I don't regret because I accept it was what I felt was right.

• 8d

Sigh, I'm back :(

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• Not only are they distractions. But also "Coping Mechanisms". And pretty much everything that we do, or want to do or got interested into is really just there to provide meaning, comfort, or purpose to our lives and are nothing but coping mechanisms. Particularly when it comes to various belief systems, people hold onto them because they rather have something to believe in and provide them comfort without ever knowing absolutely certain what they are believing in is true or not. I really don't believe that any of them are true, personally because my outlook on our world and reality is overall much more bleak and pessimistic. I think that the physical forms, the "Bodies" that we are in are nothing but Prisons of Blood, Flesh and Bone that we NEVER asked for nor wanted in the first place, and thus we are TRAPPED in them. Prisons that we must constantly provide maintenance for or we will suffer and die, prisons that we can't simply escape and are stuck with until the day we expire. Though some people do give up and give in and call it quits completely and end themselves, but I'm sure we all know how that turned out?

But here's the thing, you only live once, there will never be another YOU ever again. So make the most out of your life, figure out what you want to live for, what do you want your life to be about, what brings you fulfillment and meaning or can be meaningful to yourself, and since you know that you will die some day, figure out exactly what are you willing to die and make the sacrifice for? If you know that you're going to die some day, then would you rather die for something or die for nothing?

I also believed that we should Fight and Die For WHAT WE BELIEVED IN Rather than for money or for being Told what is is right BY SOMEBODY ELSE.

Watch these videos, maybe they'll help, maybe they won't, but just watch them anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-n5qUNRi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKAmujgS4mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3OVdhNoQdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6YVLXprII

Pretty deep response, it might take me a while to talk and understand it, I will check out the videos later.

I guess it might be some sort of existential crisis...

I am agnotistic, but I'm not really religious or anything...

I can't find that "something" to live for... I did find someone, but she broke me heart and we will never be together and I'll never love someone else again...

I don't find any hobbies interesting, and I'm not good at anything.

I just feel like checking out and living a life of misery... just work and sleep... and die alone...

Blue Anon has joined your club?

If you really want to? Every Single For Lifer or Depressed Unhappy, or any recently single from being broken up are welcome! Just figure out what you really want to do to pass the time or kill time and have as much fun as possible before your time is up here, because you know what they say, you only live once, so just make the most of it and enjoy it while it lasts! Because there won't be a second time around, just make every moment count a much as possible.

Once our time is up here, it's lights out forever! And then you wouldn't be able to do any of that anymore and then you might regret all of it even more that you didn't try and enjoy as much of whatever is left as possible. You don't have to be a complete hedonist or embrace hedonism, but just go do something, go out there or something and have fun, and have a good time.

• Took you long enough to realize that Mr. Anonymous.

Yes, life has a beginning and with any beginning comes an end. What is between the beginning and the end is up to the person.

For everyone the "purpose of life" as we call it is different and unique or may be similar.
    Everyone for himself has it's own "purpose of life" unless it was programmed by somebody else for that person.

But in the deepest and coldest truth and in the most agony of realization: Life has no purpose at all. We are born, we live and we die and the world goes on as it has before we were born. Time just keeps going, the earth keeps rotating and people mind their business.

You can decide what you do now - but does it really matter to you? This is the finest question you can ask and maybe you cannot even ask yourself this enough times.

@JudgmentDay This one should be interesting for you!

Same existential crisis question, nothing new. To simply put, take your pick, choose to do something, live for something, or die for something, do something, because ONLY right now we can still act and do something, because there is clock time that is ticking and counting down the moment we came into existence and we don't know when the countdown stops and when our time in this world will be up. Once we're gone that's it.

Everything is NOTHING but Coping Mechanisms, but if someone finds comfort in believing something that will bring them calm and inner peace such as from religion and spirituality then so be it.

Suffering is essential to meaning, boredom is suffering and relevant to suffering. Without boredom we'd never would really have an incentive to ever do anything at all in the first place. We do what we must do merely because we're only mortal and so we suffer because we CAN suffer and we WILL suffer no matter what we do. Even things we do eventually can become boring again.

Only a giant meteor or greater really have the power to actually destroy the earth altogether, too bad it only happened in the age of the Dinosaurs, when it should have happened long ago when humans first came into existence. None of us have the power, though eventually maybe nuclear war, full exchange of nuclear missiles may happen, and then it's bye bye civilization anyway.

You can only dream of the world ending, realistically that's unlikely to ever be possible that way or anytime soon.

I do believe the only way to increase the odds of extinction is through constant warring and further pollution and destruction of the integrity of the planet's ecosystem and environment. Because once enough species die and become extinct, then a domino effect will occur and eventually and inevitably will be our turn. What goes around comes around.

Here's a quote I'd like to share:

"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

• I don't care about having a woman in my life. But yeah, I do have some goals to accomplish, and also enjoy stuff along the way. And that's my point! :)

What are your goals and why?

• It will get better. Think about the people around you your parents and family etc. Do something good for less fortunate people. The world can be a really cruel place but this misery should bring out the good in us.

Yeah, I like helping people.

That's why I am on here, to help people going through heartbreak and helping them move on :)

This misery, I can't fight it anymore... It's bringing out the worst in me because I've given up

Dude, I know how you feel. I have been in the same position as you. Even contemplated suicide lol. But now I laugh about it and for me personally It was belief and faith in God that helped me. Have faith in God and know that there is a purpose of life. You are a result of millions of years of evolution. You have intelligence. You live in the best time and place on this earth yet. There are way more unfortunate people in this world and they need people like you and me. You will be happy again, you will find love but most importantly know that god loves you. I don't wanna sound like a preacher lol but this hole that you feel inside of you will fill up if you start loving God again. A lot of times God gives us pain so that we turn back to him. I wish you all the happiness in the world. I wish you all the health and happiness in this world.
      Hope you Feel Better.

• Honestly there is no point in life we will all die ( trillions or billions of years later I forgot which one we would either freeze to death or burn to death) we all choose what to live for for example personally I want to own a piece of property that I can call my own and make money from it

What about after?

You get this property, and are renting it out. Now what?

@Anonymous

I told you about the coping mechanisms didn't I? Recreational drugs are part of it too.

Hmmmmmm

• Just like me, work everyday until I die alone and not making any friends at all. I didn't have any holidays what so ever.

• yes or no