What are some major deal breakers when it comes to dating for you? Why are they deal breakers? What are some things you feel you could compromise on?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, I could compromise on looks, physical appearances, I can compromise on whether or not we had sex all the time, once a month, or none at all. The physical attributes of a relationship, I can compromise on, adjust my thought processes, and even change certain traits if I felt it was best overall for the good of my relationship.

What I cannot, will not, compromise on when it comes to being in a relationship with someone are the emotional, mental, and personality traits of the one I’m with. I won’t tolerate negative emotions like jealousy, greed, anger. They have no place in a relationship. The person should be open-minded, not narrow minded. Should enjoy trying new things, and be willing to at least try something once before deciding they don’t like it.

In short, the person I’m in a relationship with should be open, honest, loyal, faithful, and communicate with me about their likes, dislikes, wants, needs, and desires, and in this way we don’t waste each other’s time, which is actually precious since we’re not going to live forever. I want to know whether or not we really are compatible, because if we are mentally and emotionally, the physical stuff will take care of itself. That’s my bottom line.

Very thorough response. I definitely agree that these attributes would be the perfect recipe for an emotionally healthy relationship.

Thank you. I appreciate your confidence. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who's rude and doesn't think of how others feel. An ignorant person, who's stuck in their ways, their opinion is the only right one. I also don't think I could be with someone who smokes, I can't stand the smell. I think I could compromise with someone who's stubborn, because I am too, as long as it's not about something dumb.

I think these are all qualifying non compromising character traits. After all I think its interesting to hear different views on varying subject matter. It can help give you a new perspective on a particular matter you never considered before.

What Guys Said 18

• 'Dating' itself is a deal-breaker for me! I have been single for the most part of my life, and have gotten so used to being alone that whenever I do get into a relationship, I end up completely messing it.

Everyone is use to not being with somone before that first one

@aficionado many people go through far more failed relationships than what you've stated. I've come to realize the best relationships are the ones that happen effortlessly. You know how when you make a new friend you two just "click" and you get along so well!

No one has exhausted large amounts of effort to get the other to like them, because the two like each other for who they are!

That's how solid relationships are formed. Romantically and platonic-ally.

Trust me its not you. It just really boils down to meeting someone you effortlessly click with.

@PaintMeARiver

I get you here, and you are right. Thing is, I never 'sought' people to date, and things just happened spontaneously. But eventually we realised we weren't compatible (due to whatever reasons). This is how it has happened for me in all my relationships.

But I sm not really feeling inclined to ask lots of women out, just to get one or two approvals, court her, impress her, and stuff. I'm not cut out for all that.

I'm not giving up on relationships, but I honestly don't know how they are even supposed to work. I feel relationships are just too much efforts, with too little to gain. I know everyone says it just clicks with the right person, but that person may or may not exist, or may be located across the globe. I just don't see things working out for me here.

• Smoking, drugs, excessive frequency of drinking alcohol, and liking 50 Shades of Grey. These things are an instant no-no.

• If she'd look at her phone constantly, not interested.
    Someone who wants me to pay for every date. I'm not looking for gold diggers, but independent peopel
    Racists. I can't deal with the closeminded

• Overweight, too tall, older than 22, younger than 18, kids, short hair.

These things I cannot compromise on, I deserve to be with someone I'm attracted to and the girl deserves a guy who is actually attracted to them.

So a lady has to be between the ages of 18-22 to qualify to be your girlfriend? Did I understand that right?

Whoops! I mean I preferred to date MEN within my own age group. lol

Methinks thou protesteth too much. LOL.

• Fat
    Unnatractive
    Bitchy
    Condescending
    Really religious or agressive athiest
    Dinks more than average
    Smokes cigarettes
    Does drugs
    Regularly goes clubbing
    Posts trashy pictures of herself online
    Has had a lot of casual sex

• Personality:
    judgmental, Doesn't have sense of humor, Not a Geek in some way.

Mostly because I don't need to spend my time with someone who can't appreciate or understand my geek side. And especially if she can't get my jokes.

• Religiousity, is a deal breaker

Anti-science

Love of pseudosciences like tarot, astrology, ghosts, etc

Over emotionality and drama.

• intolerance
    smoking
    wrong gender
    wrong age
    cheater
    alcoholic
    psychopath
    criminal
    etc

could make a huge list

• The list would become way too long. Lol.

• When there's lack of communicating
    When one is sarcastic with me
    When there is lack of love in relationship
    When one spends more time with friends

• deal breaker
    she has to believe in a GOD if she believes she came from a rock she is stupid

why are they deal breakers
    SHE BELIEVES SHE CAME FROM A ROCK

compromise on
    NOTHING NOT ANYMORE I KNOW TO MUCH

• bad hygiene definitely

• if you have a dick, no.

• Chubby
    Short
    Saggy boobs

What are your?

• A woman once told me that she would have actually went out with me if I wasn't married! Me and other co-workers were joking about who we thought was cute at lunch, just bored etc and she said that immediately turned red, got up and left. Made me feel good.

• If she is not slim is a deal breaker, smoking is a deal breaker usually but depends, small boobs is but maybe ok if she is very sexual in every aspect and if she is a bitch then no way am I interested

• A woman with a large sexual history. There's nothing more disgusting and women who identify as bisexual and women who have threesomes. Total. Turn. off.

Interesting. Why do you feel that this is a huge deal breaker for you? I'd like to further understand why you feel this way.

Because I haven't ever engaged in this stuff despite having the opportunities to do so. I don't believe women like the above make good relationship material.

• Low sex drive
    Parties way too much
    Unfaithful
    Mean
    Obese

What Girls Said 2

• My deal breakers are:
    Cheating, lying, violence, drug user, smoker, alcohol problem and a bad temper.

I agree. Especially on the bad temper. I feel those kind of people tend to lean towards the controlling spectrum. They tend to be toxic relationships where in which the aggressor commonly blames the victim for their behavior.

yeah. i just grew up around so much anger problems and yelling, I will not tolerate it in a partner.
      I even tell my boyfriend to calm down when he yells at traffic lmao. Its so annoying and stupid. lol
      If anyone were to take their anger out on me, I'd be out that door so fast.

• Ugly
    Fat
    Too skinny
    Short
    Unmotivated
    Controlling
    Unhygienic
    Anger issues