What does he want now?

I posted a selfie two days ago and this guy with whom I didn't text for 2 months texted me. He wrote "Hey, how are you? What's up?"

I replied and he didn't text me back till this afternoon. But I just don't get him. He didn't ask anything in his reply and I'm confused. We were never dating even though it was obvious that we liked each other. He just never asked me out and that's where we've left it since this summer.

Now boys: What does a guy want when he suddenly writes (especially after a selfie)?

Most Helpful Girl

• They want to be put on your radar, get a boost of confidence if you write back but generally are too timid to actually ask you out. unless you put a lot of effort into assuring him he won't be rejected. OR he does that with a number of girls assuring himself he has a choice of several to pick from at any given moment. "Creating a stable" is a term I've heard my bf's single friends say.

What Guys Said 1

• he likes you but he doesn't want to sound really needy

What Girls Said 1

• He is attracted to you.