Are girls ok knowing that the guy they are dating is dating multiple women?

Was wondering if girls are okay knowing that the guy they are seeing is dating multiple women-and I'm not saying men they are dating exclusively? I dated this dude recently that I met on Tinder, and I naively thought he was looking for a LTR. (He was dating multiple girls.) I know-should not have been on Tinder looking for a LTR. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's early on then it's one thing because you can't really believe you're the only person a guy/girl is seeing if you met them online considering how many options people have.

Though recently there was a girl who was seeing that invited me to her place and her room on date 3 and prior to sex, I found an empty condom wrapper that wasn't mine on the bed. We may not have been exclusive but but I still felt shitty considering she led me on and invited me over only to ditch me afterwards even though I didn't say anything about the condom wrapper.

This is merely just reinforcing the don't put all your eggs in one basket philosophy as lots of people flake and if you invest too much into one person and it doesn't work out then you'll be disappointed and hurt.

• 23d

Thanks for most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not be too happy knowing that while dating. But I would rather for him to be honest than lie about. Obviously most women would NOT be happy about it. Plus he has to have legit reasons for doing that. Is he looking for a marriage partner by a certain age, or it is about scoring with many women as possible. Because marriage I can understand incase one would say no. But just to hit up multiple girls is a complete turn off. But the moment he knows who he wants to be with, the other girls needs to go. He shouldn't be strangling along all these girls including you. That's my opinion on it.

Yes, he was stringing me along. He clearly is a commitment phobe since he is older and is obviously not looking for a LTR.

Yes, thanks. Just pray the next guy I date is more serious about a LTR. Guess I should never have been on Tinder to begin with. Lesson learned.

@Asker

My advice, meet somebody face 2 face. Never online, unless you have no choice. But avoid it. I just pray that you meet somebody who would do the right thing with you.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't know why they'd be OK with it. I wouldn't want to date a girl who was dating multiple guys, so I assume girls wouldn't want to date guys who are dating multiple girls.

• You can safely bet they aren't OK with it.

• I'm sure girls are as fine with it as guys are fine with it :P. Which means to say it differs from one person to another.

• Girls do the same thing.

• A girl should know that a guy is a two timer. I wouldn't want be a two timer to a girl cause I wouldn't want the same done to me by a girl.

• Depends on how hot he is... (that's not me being bitter, just the way I've observed this to work).

• If you are not exclusive then you are not exclusive.

• Some women are for some reason

• Of course not

What Girls Said 14

• Absolutely not. Hell no.

I wouldn't want to be competing for anyone's attention especially the guy I'm dating.

Plus this is reality not the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I'm not sharing my MAN!

Yup, felt like a mistress. 😞

Drop him. Find someone who will literally die for you.

Hint** have assets. Like an apartment... Not saying that you will be "paying him" but it makes you more valuable

• Most girls online know that anybody they meet is dating/talking to multiple people. That's online dating culture. It's only until you both agree to date exclusively that continuing to see other people would be a no-no.

I guess what was annoying and upsetting was the fact that this guy would communicate intermittently and disappeared for a week and then reappeared as if nothing. He obviously was too busy with all the other girls. Ugh

Yeah that's some bullshit.

• He might have been looking for a long term relationship. The thing was online dating is that it's so easy for people to have lots of options. I would advise you to not put all your eggs in one basket so early on. If you feel uncomfortable with this arrangement then find someone that Is on the same page.

I do not like when a guy I'm dating is dating more than one person. Luckily my boyfriend and I were on the same page. I told him how I felt about dating and he agreed with me.

• Are girls ok knowing that the guy they are dating is dating multiple women?
    Some gals are. Some gals aren't.

I don't care as I'm a multiple dater.

• Nope. If you're dating other women than leave me out of it. I don't want diseases.

I feel the same way! Luckily, was not intimate with this person. Tinder=STD

• Ew no.

• when I was single and dating I always assumed there were other girls, I never asked or wanted to know if they were having sex but with my current guy, when I knew I wanted a monogamous relationship I did ask him if he was seeing other girls.

• Absolutely not!!! if a guy really likes you, then you're all he wants! you shouldn't have to compete for his attention!!!

• Hell no.

• Well if he was doing that with me then he sure as hell would he dating one less girl

• What do you mean dated? One date or multiple dates? If I got past 3 or 4 dates with someone and/or was heading towards being sexual with him I wouldn't comfortable if he was sleeping around with other women. But you're single until you're in a committed relationship so really... it's 'allowed'

4 dates. I knew we were not exclusive. After he blew me off one weekend and disappeared for a week-I decided to stop communicating with him.

Well good that you cut him off. It's best to be honest with people about what you are looking for and you answered your own question really; Tinder isn't really the place to seek a LTR. It happens but most people are just looking for hook ups.

Yes, this dude was clearly "window shopping."

• I tend to date a few people at one time too just so I don't get too attached to someone. But If we're exclusive, of course I won't be seeing someone else

• This is kind of common for both guys and girls. Exclusive means you're together, not dating.

• I don't care as long as we're not a couple, if we're just two people having fun he can do whatever he wants when he's not with me