Why did my boyfriend cry over this?

We've been dating for a few months and a couple of times he would mention other girls appearances yet has told me that I am the prettiest girl he has ever dated. I am signed with an agency so I do not have confidence issues. I let the first time slide, then he did it a few more times and I wasn't jealous, the way he did it, I saw it as being disrespectful and I told him that. He was apologetic and he called me up crying. What was the meaning of him crying?

Most Helpful Guy

• He cares about you and he hurt you. I would not have cried over that but understand. When ever I would disappoint my fiancĂ©, it would break my heart. I loved her very much and would rather be hurt myself than to think that she was hurt.

I hope he is not crazy, and only time will tell. If you care about him. Let him know that you are still here with him, but that you both have to show each other respect.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure why you took it as disrespect. I think he genuinely believes that. He just wants to compliment you and appreciate you and you took a genuine feeling the wrong way and accused him of something he didn't mean to do. He's probably crying because he doesn't want you to leave him. I think he might have insecurities and confidence issues, but in no way do I think him calling you the prettiest girl he's ever dated is in any way disrespectful.

He compliments other women. Please re read 😊

Ahh ok, so sorry! I thought you meant the actual compliment was what you took as disrespectful.

I totally see where you are coming from then. Though my reasoning for why he is crying is still the same. Everything is likely coming from a position of insecurity, and he mentions other women in a sort of backhanded way to try and make a power play saying that oh he notices all these women but you're still the most beautiful. Also if he honestly does think that, he probably is afraid that you're going to leave him, so he keeps his eyes open for when that time might come. Sorry again for the misunderstanding!

What Guys Said 5

• trying to milk your emotions so he can feel some kind of attachment if there is nothing else to feel or show.

• Fear of you leaving.

• What does he say about other women that offends you? Does he say he thinks they are good looking.

My guess would be he's trying just to knock your confidence a little so he can have a bit more power over you. Him crying is a mind game.

• Your boyfriend is a beta.

• He felt really bad and didn't realize he was coming off as disrespectful

What Girls Said 1

• He was truly sorry for hurting you and didn't mean to.