Girls, if you went to a 1. st date with a rich man, who spends like $1000 on a single day on you, how would you feel and go about it?

You go on a first date with a rich man and you notice how he is funding the expensive things like overpriced restaurants with musicians playing there and pays for an expensive spiced wine and expensive gifts for you and other expensive services covered by him only for you.

He acts and plays all nice and basically without you knowing it (while you just "blindly" enjoy the time with him) he "tries to impress you by his wealth". If you ask him why he spends such a gigantic amount of money on you, he'd say "Oh, it's because I like you!" and if you ask him again about it, he'd say "Don't mind it, I like doing it just for you!".

And this date will also involve dancing, if possible kisses and maybe "things start to go somewhere more" from there.

What if his personalities and morals and inner values are average?

Guys: Imagine this exact date with a rich woman and vote accordingly to your reactions.

• Ohhh yes, that is going to be my future husband *creams panties*
  • I would feel mixed about it: Partially enjoying it but partially suspicious. Not sure what I would do next.
  • What am i, a purchasable (sex) object with a price tag? This is a red flag!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't allow it. I hate it when people A) Think I have a price and B) I don't like people spending money on me. I work for a reason, I can take care of myself, if you think that I'll like you more because you spend money on me you're barking up the wrong tree.

I get with guys who I feel a connection with, not guys who throw material shit at me thinking the panties will drop.

Praise girls like you! If only more women were like you :(

Of course I would feel bad if I didn't make approximately the similar amount of money like my (non existent) girlfriend would, not meaning I want to make more than her but I don't know. It's not bothering me but I think a good girlfriend would listen to me and what I would say and she probably would say "Don't mind it. I do not think of any less of you.".

I'm however still competing to get a job while finishing my last year for my college degree. :S

Most Helpful Guy

• In reverse, I'd be suspicious about their intentions, especially if I don't know the rich lady personally beforehand. And because I already have trust issues within me for a very long time. I had been burned before where I thought everyone pays their fair share for what they ordered when we dine out at a restaurant and then I got fucked over when they ask me for the cash just after they paid by credit card and put in a Bigger Tip than necessary.

I would not feel comfortable with them paying for all these expensive overpriced restaurants with musicians playing there, the expensive spiced wine, expensive gifts, and other expensive services, because it just feel way too good to be true. Are they trying to bribe me or something? That's how I feel about the whole situation. No way they wound "invest" large sums of cash on me without expecting something in return, or it could simply be done to fuck me over and ask me to pay them back eventually after all the expenses and services had been used. besides I'm not interested in expensive wine or restaurants. The questions I really have for them is what is it exactly that they like about me, because I don't believe them. I feel they are lying to me as well as lying to themselves. What is it exactly they seek or want from me? What is it that she is after? Why me? What makes me so special? I'm never going to so "blindly" follow, especially if I don't know them beforehand. I'd be suspicious that they are up to something and after something from me.

I'll tell her that I'm not exactly materialistic person, and if I was going to experience all of those expensive things then I MUCH RATHER be able to pay for MY portion of it, because I don't trust anyone else with the bill. They pay for theirs I pay for whatever it is. Even if this was like a celebration for my birthday or something similar, I'd still be on guard and tell the server, restaurant or any other establishment beforehand that I am ONLY willing to pay for my portion, and won't allow the bill and check to be combined. Those will always be my terms before I am even willing to accept the invitation to go dine out with somebody or spend any money with someone all because I already had been burnt in the past. If they don't agree with my terms then we're done, I'm leaving or won't even accept the invite at all.

If her personality, morals and inner values are average then that would only mean that they are even less likely to be trustworthy to me.

Wow, such a fascinating and truly well stated answer :)
      As I see you put a lot of thought and experience into it.
      Very good response!
      It never hurts to be on guard and your raising suspicion are actually defense mechanisms.

I'm taking personal notes from that. Thank you man!

"Lesson one, trust no one." -John Connor, Terminator Genisys

What Girls Said 19

• I'd enjoy it sure, but definitely a little sus. I don't know I get that on a first date you want to impress, but someone flaunting wealth is not attractive to me. I like being taken out but not to that extent.. it would honestly make me a little uncomfortable. Especially on a first date, I wouldn't know him well enough to know that he doesn't have any ulterior motive. Until I knew him better and could tell he really is just that generous of a person because he LOVES me, I'm going to have the feeling like he's trying to overcompensate for something.

• I would be extremely uncomfortable. As it is, I don't like my boyfriend having to "pamper" me and spend a lot of money on me; let alone some guy spending a lot on me during our first date. I am not impressed by money or looks. The first date should be for us to get to know each other and to be comfortable, communicate, etc. I don't wanna feel like I can hold my owe tab at dinner.

I don't wanna feel like I CAN'T hold my own tab**** typo

• I'm sure it would be a lovely time but I wouldn't base my attraction or likelyhood of a second date on how much he spent. That really has very little to do with it.

• I'd feel uncomfortable. I don't want a man spending so much money on me. I rather have a cheap date of maybe a small picnic of fruit and stuff like that. It always make me uncomfortable if someone spends more than a few dollars on me. I feel like I don't deserve that and I always wanna try making it up to them

I have a job. I can pay for what I need, plus yes being spoiled is nice but I would much rather spoil him and if he wants to spoil me with money I rather him just giving me attention or take me somewhere fun

• I'd be uncomfortable. I don't want to feel like he's trying to win me over with his money. The first date isn't about that, it's about a chance to talk and to spend time together. Plus I've never liked me fawned over and pampered and treated like a princess. It makes me feel inadequate and smothered.

• I mean I guess I'd enjoy the date, but it seems way over the top for a first date... maybe more appropriate for an anniversary or something if he's rich and he really wants to pamper me. But the fact he spent a bunch of money wouldn't make me want to go on a second date if he was a terrible person.

• Neither,... if He's so rich it's not a big deal for him anyway so I guess I wouldn't be suspicious. But I would feel out of place and I hate when people spend money on me soo... I would rather go somewhere that we wouldn't have to pay amounts of money, like a walk or something.
    Soo I guess if He would really like me He would take me for a walk or ice cream I don't know

• I'd be kind of suspicious. I've always liked the idea of evenly contributing, partially because it's right and partially because I don't like feeling like I owe anyone. It just wouldn't feel right.

• It would make me very uncomfortable and I would likely end the date early.

• I can't imagine a guy spending £10 on me for a first date, so it'll be so discontenting to realise what he's doing.

• Hmm, money is great of course but that would make me feel too uncomfortable. I don't know why, Im sure there's plenty women who like it.

• I guess it would be nice but I don't think I would feel comfortable if a guy splurged $1000 on a first date with me "just because." I'm a more frugal person and that would seem like such a waste of a money. Also, I'd feel like I'd owe him something.

• Im not in to rich guys I also don't do the fancy thing to start

• I'd feel highly uncomfortable. That's just not attractive to me.

• Wouldn't let anyone do that and would beturned off if they tried.

• Now of those options. I would think it's super weird and his arrogant display doesn't impress me. But I don't view it as the stupid WHAT AM I AN OBJECT? nonsense.

• i would feel very comfortable and i would be worried about his spending habits

• I like Christian Grey from the fifty shades of great. He's damn hot.

• I would be really happy and feel loved. If his personality is average it's ok as long as it isn't bad.
    But not sure I would be 100 % faithful to him (only attracted to him) if another guys had a better personality.

I would not lie I love money but I would always prefer personality over money so I would stay with him until I become more attracted to someone else.

What Guys Said 1

• Holy fuck girls like to talk a lot.

I'd like it a lot. Free stuff only a weirdo wouldn't want that

If only it's that simple. it just seems way too good to be true. You know what someone had once said, "If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

I'd be suspicious about their motives and intentions behind it, are they really just trying to nice and flaunt their wealth and spending capability? I think I'll just politely decline it if offered. If they weren't someone already rich before and all of sudden rich now I'd be suspicious about their wealth and how they obtained such wealth.

Besides expensive restaurants and wine aren't my thing anyway. As for gifts, I don't know, I rather buy whatever it is that I actually want and pay out of my own pocket instead. Never really cared much for gifts anymore since I mainly buy what I really need these days, and if they don't really know me well enough they're more than likely going to end up buying shit for me that I really don't need. Same for services, I only spend it on services I'm familiar and will actually use or need.