Ever felt an instant connection with someone?

You ever dated/met someone and felt an instant connection to them?

If so, did it work out?

I've had it happen a few times, which is rare, where I talk to someone and not only are they very attractive but we have a lot in common and I feel comfortable to the point where we can talk all day about anything, but not smother them. Sadly I was a rebound to the most recent one I had a connection with.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had one experience like that. She was an employment counselor for me and the first day I met her I didn't realize it at first but I ended up talking to her for a while. We were doing a workshop with 4 others and I would help her with the immigrants giving them more real world experiences on finding a job. She ended up becoming really attracted to me and she couldn't help it and I backed off on the friendliness. The way our conversation was on the first day meeting her, we unintentionally connected. Felt like I could talk to her about anything.

What Girls Said 17

• Yes I have. So far it is going great! I recently asked a similar question. The difference with us though is that we were both single for at least 6 months to a year before we met, so we don't have to worry about being a rebound for each other. Sorry to hear about your most recent experience.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2140338-do-you-believe-in-soul-mates

• Yes it happen three times to me. The first, I fell in love with and that didn't work out because he was just in love with the idea of me. The second didn't work out because he was too boring (after I got to know him) everywhere except in bed and we maintained a friends with benefits relationship until he got back together with his ex. The third is still going on, he's pretty great but we're not really in a relationship. Still it's more of a friends with benefits kind of thing but we do go out as friends and it's amazing, I feel like I could do this forever

I keep hearing about people being in love with the idea of someone. What exactly does that mean?

It's kind of like looking at a person and your mind starts to wonder & you dream up all these things about this person. Then you actually get to know them and they weren't what they seemed to be and you were more in love with that idea of them

• There are for sure those relationships that form in an instant. People click sometimes. I have had a few in my life time, and to this day, they all remain connections... some people are destined to know one another... just my two cents

• Instant meaning about a minute into a conversation lol. Yes, and it's amazing. Currently I'm dating that guy and I hope it works out

lol it could but mine was more or less on the first date/meet up

• Absolutely felt an instant connection. I wouldn't say "love at first site". But sometimes there are some people that just make your heart skip a beat the first time you talk to them. It's happened to me :)

• Not instant. But after a little while ya. I sucks when they don't feel the same way :/

Or worse when they lead you on thinking they feel the same way only to find out they've been using you and playing you.

• That's the only condition under which I'd date someone tbh :P if I'm not feeling any chemistry or it's obviously not mutual why even bother?

Exactly. Mine was a tough situation i met this girl and she just got out of a 5 year relationship and I proceeded with caution and still got screwed over.

• I've only felt that once. It was amazing. It could have lasted too, if certain people weren't involved and I had a better understanding of men. I was too young and naive to know better.

• Yes i have had made instant connections with people. My last boyfriend and i met through my sisters step fam and when we met and introduced ourselves it was instant, i felt like i had known him for years. It was amazing and we became the best of friends and were the best couple. Sadly it ended because of my sisters dad divorcing his wife. The wife was part of my boyfriends family and they forbade him to continue talking to me. Total idots

Sorry to hear that. Sucks when it's out of your control like that.

• I've never got that spark right away. It grows over time. But I think this is actually safer and more realistic if you're looking for a long term relationship.

I agree. I think when you feel a connection like that so soon, you tend to have expectations which can lead to huge disappointments if it doesn't work out.

• yes and it was riveting

• Only once. My boyfriend when I was a sophomore in high school. Other than that, no.

• Nope... I've felt chemistry with a few but I dk if I would consider it a connection.

What's the difference?

Like easy to talk to... but not "I want to have your babies" lol

I think you can feel a connection without wanting to have kids haha.

• Yeah. He lives in a diff country tho

• yes but we dont even talk anymore !!

How did it end?

we had an instant connection as like close friends but not romantically because we both had partners at the time, but we got into an argument and i realized he just wasn't going to talk to me again

That sucks. Yeah I got played and rebounded by the one I felt an instant connection with.

• Yeah, only once or twice though.

• Yeah I experienced that connection with the guy I'm seeing now lol
    I met him online.. on our first meet up we're just talking casually n I was very comfortable with him.. and he felt the same he said it feels like he's known me for a long time.
    then he hugged me n the next thing we're all over each other lol we didn't even talk that much but the chemistry was just great.
    We had sex on our second hang out..
    And he's taking me out to dinner (finally a real date lol we only chilled at his place before) this weekend.
    I don't really consider ourselves hookups though I don't know we like each other enjoy each other's company so let's see how it goes..

That's good to hear. How have things been since?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, but I'm cautious about it and it always ended up in friendship only. First impressions can be deceiving.

• Yes, though sadly it seemed they were faking all of their hardcore flirting or met someone better cause they friendzoned me :(

• Yes in the scouts a lot. Probably because we were all in uniform and we had good group cohesion even with other movements.

• Eh I don't know about that..

• Like when I get hard. Ding ding ding! Connection! We have a winner

• Hasn't happened yet. Do I want it to happen? Absolutely!!!

• A female friend, who sadly had a boyfriend at the time. But she has become single now.

You still gonna go for her?

Don't tell her you're a virgin. No need to bring that up, or even your past sex life if you had one anyways. Putting that out there, regardless of circumstance is a turn off.

Just be yourself and go for her. Take it slow then tell her how you feel.

I know but I don't live near her anymore. We're meeting up after 9 months of not seen each other. I dunno how to put it or become intimate. She's a sweet girl, can we have sex fast so to speak?

• Nope