Why can't I seem to find a boyfriend?

I jave men who like me and have expressed that, but all of them just wanna sleep withme or think of me in a sexual way. I've been told I'm pretty and super sweet. I wanna be able to date a nice giy who I can spoil. I love cooking lunches for guys I date or doing sweet things for them. I've always been told I'm an amazing and sweet girlfriend and stuff like that. Apparently I'm a good cook, cute, I'm always there for my boyfriend and I always do anything to make him happy. If I date someone I always put a lot of effort into making him happy and being good to him. But I always end up getting cheated on or used and no nice guys ever like me. I wanna be able to spoil him but I wanna be kinda spoiled to. I want to be with someone who likes me as much as I like him and is willing to put effort into being with me. Is something wrong with me that only jerks like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• perhaps it's the types of guys you do date. like perhaps you should focus on guys who don't push for sex or talk about sex so early but instead work on establishing a strong non-sexual relationship... not sure if you do or not but since the first things you mentioned them wanting to sleep with you it made me wonder.

perhaps just reflect on the guys you've been with and perhaps note if there is a common trait or way they approach you and relationships then it will help you know if you need to focus on the types of guys you engage in relationships with

I've only slept with one of them and we dated for like 4 years but his family and mine kinda got in the way.

Players I guess. They all told me I was a great girlfriend (ha) but they always wanted extra for some reason

so i'd really work to avoid those guys. take the experiences you've had to help you recognize red flags in partners

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't readily give all your best to every guy that you come across.

Treat the love you have like its the rarest object on the planet.

That isn't to say that you have to to be cold and reject men.

What I mean by that is remain your sweet self while at the same time show these men you're not a door mat.

Be a mix of sugar AND spice.

A perfect example is like the Cabbage Patch candy commercials.

They're a bit sour in the beginning but they have such a sweet after taste.

Learn the art of being sour and sweet.

Men love women who can tactfully tell them to stay in their place.

You got this. You just have to believe it and practice it.

What Guys Said 10

• I feel your pain. Its easy to find someone who will use you and its even easy to find someone who will put up with being used, but its hard to find give and take. Someone one who you can treat like a queen without her thinking she is a princess :)

Don't look for "nice" guys though, they are mostly whimps. Find a good man. A good man knows he has value, but also knows you have value too. Good men are harder, because they don't play games and will leave if they think you are playing with them. They are out there though.

You mean girls with stupid princess syndrome lol

Yes, you can take an very nice girl, treat her good and she starts to demand/expect more.

It is very important to always appreciate the love and respect that is given to you and to show that love and respect back. However that love and respect should never be taken for granted, and sadly most do.

• You look like a cute young girl. You don't need to settle for that kind of treatment, but you may need to wait until you leave your current area to meet young men who will treat you with more respect.

You also need to look more closely at the guys you date. Do they treat others with respect? Do they glorify disrespectful behavior? These are all signs that indicate how they will treat you.

All of them treated everyone really great and had lots of friends. Like I had an ex who cheated with my best friend but everyone said he's a great guy and his family would kill him for that stuff and he always acts like cheating is bad but did it to me twice

Probably planned on banging her eventually.

She wouldn't have she was an annoying saint and thought it was slurry to jave sex before marriage. Even so far as calling me a whore and other stuff

• Try approaching guys who you think match what you want.

• If you look like this you would get a boyfriend in a heartbeat scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...33500059_n.jpg

• you dont look attractive tbh... most guys would agree with me...

• No, chivalry isn't dead but nice guys are hard to find these days unfortunately.

I just want a nice guy I can play video games with and make cute lunches with and he'll still thibk I'm cute if I get angry at him for not letting me win a game on wrestling lol. Why don't guys see the fun in those things anymore? All they ever want is sex and I don't want that

Damn well aren't you a lucky kid

@fueledbythc I thought I was the luckiest girl when I met my ex boyfriend yeah. But unfortunately for me ge passed away last year due to a car accident

• you're acting negative here so it could be that or you're just finding the wrong people

• I can't find any because I'm shy
    "Too young"
    A bit weird

But that's it

• Well if you want you can talk to me!!!

Lol I'm actually 6 years older than you sweetie. My age got put wrong on here

• Why not approach a guy?

I do, but they always turn out to either just want me for sex or not interested in having a girlfriend

Well the same thing happens when guys approach girls. Eventually you'll find some guys out there

What Girls Said 2

• You're only 17, quit thinking so hard about it. Most guys your age aren't mature enough for a real relationship anyway.

I'm 23

Even guys older than me do the same stuff

Then maybe they just don't find you attractive or wife material. Nothing you stated really says anything about being long term material. You may just be boring. If guys think they're going to lose interest fast, then they'll just get what they can and leave. Plus, you sound a bit desperate.

• Play hard to get a lottle more. Up your standards. Fools don't go for confident girls with high standards.