How do you cure a broken heart?

If you've ever had a break-up or something tragic happened.. how do you usually relieve yourself from the heart break?
Usually I either drink, paint or draw, go the gym, paint my nails or spend time with friends :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It just takes time. Different amounts of time for different people. Other than the drinking, you are doing the kinds of thing to distract your mind. The heart break will pass, guaranteed. Talking to a friend you trust can be very helpful. When we talk about these things, it's quite therapeutic and lets you get it out in a very health way. If you get the inclination to see someone else, don't tell yourself it's too soon. There is not too soon if it's something you want to try. Good luck. You are a very pretty young lady. I'm sure you have no problem attracting guys. Don't just shut them out.

Most Helpful Girl

• prayer and time

What Guys Said 15

• A broken heart just takes time. Trying to avoid the pain only gets your trouble down the line. Grieve the loss. Feel the pain. It'll pass soon enough.

• I thought for a second you said you drink paint. I was about to say what the fuck, you shouldn't try to end your life because of a breakup. OK, you said you drink and paint. That's good. Those sound like healthy coping mechanisms. Drinking paint is not.

lmao :P I'd be on "Strange Addictions" for drinking paint

• Time is the only cure. You can distract yourself from the pain, but you will have to feel it eventually. It's the only way to grow and become stronger.
    You have to allow yourself to feel the pain and let it heal like everything else. Avoid doing that, and you will always have a problem.

Yeah, I learnt that the hard way on multiple occasions, now all old past heart aches seem to come pouring out along with the new ones, making it a lot worse for myself in the long run :/

• A rebound girl is the best cure usually.

(just being honest)

• I just try to throw myself into something else like my work or a hobby and just let myself feel the emotions

Never had a breakup but have had to deal with first love rejecting me

• it took me quiet a long time. time heals.. the mistake i made was that i isolated myself. dont isolate yourself because it will force you to overthink.. just try to stay occupied

• For me, I listen to music, pig out on some food, or play video games.

• Superglue always works lel

• Time

• I listen to music or find friends to hang with.

• The only way to really cure a broken heart it to get the person who broke it to fix it

• I mend broken hearts 💔💞💯

• I usually eat chocolate biscuits.

• Usually go on hikes or go to the lakes and fish. But since i don't date women anymore, i don't suffer heartbreak, so i'm cool

• Last time it happened I started drinking soda again, so I guess food. Got a little fat before I had recovered enough to care.

What Girls Said 3

• I know I'm still quite young for a broken heart but I work out and run or swim and get rid of my pain

Don't think anyone is too young to experience heart break (unfortunately)

Thanks, I thought I'd say that because a lot of people judge about what I say because of my age

• well that s about it ^^
    You said it all
    ow no also comfort food

• With some tape.