When you meet up with someone you met from online (tinder, bumble, okcupid etc), do you add them on social media beforehand so you know they're real?

If I meet up from someone online I like to add them on fb just to make sure I'm not being catfished

• I add them on fb
  • I add them on snapchat
  • I add them on instagram
  • I add them on kik
  • I just have their phone number
  • I do many of these
  • I don't do any, I believe they are who they say they are

Most Helpful Guy

• Never done this dose bumble work for average guys not ugly average but above average in some areas probly below in others
    tall, in above average shape but not massively above, relatively smart but by no means a genius interviewing for jobs and contracts as a programer with some of my own games and apps lot of money in the area i'm trying to get in to C# SQL geting interviews and have contacts but thats the main thing that would put pepole off even though when i am working full time in a development team Im not going to have time for dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't unless it's just a means to talk like for kik but I never actually met with those guys. Things would drag out and we just never meet.

Of the two times I met a guy off okc, we didn't exchange social media or last names. One I exchanged phone numbers the other not. They believed I was real and I believed they were too and they were!

How did those work out for you?

Ultimately horrible. I shoulda got to know them first I guess. The one I didn't exchange numbers with was a total asshole who looked like he didn't care to look decent. He had crusty lips that were yellow tinted which I assume came from him smoking.

The other guy I exchanged numbers with was the first guy I met from online. He was nice at first... but I digress.
      I had joked about him better not being a catfish or, ima turn right back around when I see him. He claimed to not know what a catfish was. He really didn't haha

Both were college students so I assumed that I wouldn't be catfished. I'm a college student too but guys hardly ever try me so I decided to try online. I don't necessarily regret it because at least I tried and I ain't missing much. The guys I meet by initiating things are just as bad except instead of being directly rude they just ignore me or never speak to me first so I guess indirect rudeness doesn't hurt as much

What Guys Said 18

• Haven't done before. I can defend myself, so that's not an issue. Being let down or scammed or anything can happen even with a facebook account.

The only thing you should probably do is tell people where you are going and with whom as well as meeting in a public place.

Being let down? Harsh lol

Well, not everyone is perfect. First time I met someone from the internet was from a YuGiOh forum though. Was love on first sight. True bromance.

• No way. First, I have no social media. Second, that seems stalkerish. Third, maybe I'm too trusting? Fourth, I'm a guy so meeting someone is a little less threatening.

Until the girl on tinder that only has perfect MySpace angled face only photo's shows up...

I've also been meeting girls from online for twenty years... So it's really not a big deal to me. In most ways I actually prefer it.

Yeah I remember the first girl I met online was before posting photos was a thing lol. That was way more interesting haha. I'm a little bit mixed, I do better when I met people in person, online dating gets to be pretty annoying the last serious one I had ended up with a married women, trying to act like she was my girlfriend.

• having social media doesn't make you real.

if you have doubts and they are willing to meet... have a call or video chat before that.

Wait... I didn't see the question. lol, sorry Yumi. :P

- No. I actually video chat with them. That's what I did with my ex (weird how we met, but it wasn't IRL). We video chatted several times before agreeing to meet up.

- - With anyone else, I'd have added on FB for confirmation. Was an exception I guess.

• Yeah it helps to know they're real. You don't have to add them right away but as long as you can find them on social media is good

• I've always added on snap.

Really? I added kik just for you lol

**conclusion not consensus lol

It's a good sexting app lol. Shows you if it's a live pic or a gallery pic. Snapchat is too short

• Nah, I'm just real chill with my online friends. We haven't seen each other in person, but we talk a lot about random shit and sometimes send each other stuff in the mail.

• Just get them to snap chat you with an egg, 100% works to know if they're real.

• I add them on facebook.

• I usually just have their number. I hate using fb, I feel like it takes the personal connection out of friendships/relationships a lot of times.

I don't really care if they're real or not, we almost always meet in a public place so the worst thing that can happen if they're not real is you just leave? Plus it's easy to tell when someone is real or not if you pay attention.

• They are fake

• No. How do I know for certain it will work out? Until we are actually serious going out, I wouldn't add them to my social media.

• Social media is mostly retarded.

• I always go to www.pipl.com this site tells me whose for real than i take things from there whether i should pursue talking to them online.

• I just would meet somewhere I know nobody would do anything stupid
    And wait for them to arrive first so I can see if it's really them
    If not... Bye.

• i wouldn't even wanna even wouldn't not wanna even wanna would!

• What do you mean catfished (English isn't my native language)?

They aren't who they say they are

A female friend of mine uses tinder and before meeting anyone she asks them for driving licence picture lol, also google searches for them, check their facebook instagram. Sometimes if she isn't sure asks them for video chat or Skype before meeting

• I've had 3 people, ask me if i was real, and asked me to give them my credit card, just to prove im real. dumbasses, do they really think im that stupid?

• Nowadays I don't add or meet up women because feminism has taken full control of women. Trump is right, grab em by the pussy so they don't get out of control

#MRA #MGTOW #Trump2k16 + #ThreeTerms

What Girls Said 7

• I don't meet people online but if I did, I would add them on facebook at the very least. I'm waiting to get in any relationship until I'm fully on my own, because my parents or family don't know the meaning of privacy and boundaries.

• Anyone episode of Catfish will tell you that adding someone on several social media accounts doesn't prove that they are a real person or at least the person in their picture.

It does tho. You look at how many friends they have, see if their pics match up with what they tell you, and tell them to add you.

Then you should know that adding them on social media doesn't prove anything until you meet them in person.

I don't understand what do they gain by catfishing you? I think those guys/girls are just psychos... I mean you always meet in places with a lot of other people , public places. If they use fake photos you will notice it isn't them and will end the meeting... they gain nothing by lying at you

• I've met up with a tinder guy once and we added each other on FB.
    Also googled his name to make sure he wasn't a crazy dude in trouble with the law lol. I mean he gave me his name, so... lmao. Call me creepy, but I wanted to be safe haha

• When I was on tinder I either swapped numbers for whatsapp or Facebook with all the people I met, mostly for convenience and to swap more recent photosZ

• yes of course :P

• I haven't met anyone from online lol

• They could lie on any of those. I'd rather video chat before we decide to meet