When a man compliments a woman dose he like her more than a friend?

On my birthday i look really nice i wore a dress and heels. while out getting things i need i saw this guy i new and he told i me i looked pretty that my dress was cute my shoes were cute my hair matched my dress that he loved when i dressed like this that every thing about me is so beautiful..
I new him since we were kids and he never said anything before...
dose he like me or he was being nice?
also he never seen me that dressed up before?
and i he said would of went to my party lol
but were friends on social media

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily, I'll compliment my friends all the time, it's part of being friends. I'll tell my guy friends when they're looking suave.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's never seen you dressed up before so now he has and it's different to him and you looked good so he complimented you. It doesn't mean he has feelings for ya.

What Guys Said 6

• Not necessarily. Men often compliment just for the sake of it.

but it seem overly complementing.. lol

Well then there ''may'' be something else behind it. Men don't overdo comliments with women whom they see as just friends.

• Not a compliment like that unless 1. He likes you 2. He's gay

I don't think he is gay

• Depends on the person. I compliment my female friends a lot because I'm an affectionate person, but I don't mean anything more by it.

• He at least thinks you're attractive

He has asked me about the guy im dating and if we're still together. dose that mean anything

• Nope. I compliment my friends from time to time

• yeah, im gonna need to see the outfit, lol

What Girls Said 1

• I think he was being nice since you guys are childhood friends and it was your birthday.

he didn't know it was my bday until i told him