Help with tips for online dating women (POF, Tinder)?

Hello guys, I've just finished seeing someone I really liked after 3 long months, at the moment I'm looking at having a month off dating sites to recover before I get back on the horse.

However my question to you is how can I improve my online dating tactics? At the moment I have a strong/witty bio which doesn't give too much away along with good photos. My problem is I often find it hard to come up with something creative/ different to say, this is because most of the women don't really give me much to work with after reading their bio's. I also find it mentally draining as when I do find something good to say it get pretty mundane when some women don't seem to make much effort in their replies.

Overall I'd say I'm becoming pretty skeptical about the online dating scene & could use some fresh tips. All replies are much appreciated, thanks for reading!

What Girls Said 1

• Make it clear you read her profile

What Guys Said 2

• The best thing you can do is delete all your accounts, apps, etc.

Failing that, say something that has nothing to do with anything she wrote. You're right, they tend to put next to nothing in there anyway. Anything they write is the first shit-test. If you read it and mention something about it, you fail.

Make them laugh. Find something in the background of one of her pics and say something like "That (insert whatever it is) reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me one time", and then tell the story. It doesn't have to even be something that actually happened to you, it could have been something a friend went through, or you saw in a movie, or you just made up. Who gives a shit, the point is it needs to be funny.

Thanks for your reply. You're right, I'll try to do this more when if I decide to get back on the apps. However I still think I'm going to take a break from it all.

• Generally I say something in regards to their profile.

It can be tough though as there's a lot of generic/bland profiles on there. I'm talking about the ones who have generic interests like eating, outdoors, music, movies, exercising or they'll say just ask and leave it blank. I tend not to message those people.