Do you find sarcasm in a girl a turn off?

I've recently been told that my very consistent sarcasm is "unappealing" and makes me "manish". So in your opinion how does sarcasm make a girl look.

• Yes, it's a turn off
  • No, it's a turn on
  • I'm indifferent

Most Helpful Guy

• Sarcasm is another thing that the vast majority of women don't understand, and thus can't do. They end up just sounding bitchy or, at best, snarky. There should be a new word for women that try to use sarcasm: sarcaustic.

If a woman describes herself as 'sarcastic', I lose interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm very sarcastic and in my experience many guys think they like funny girls
    but in reality they don't like it really and mostly get offended and their ego can't handle it
    they are ok w it as long as the girl is not outwitting them, which w me is mostly the case and then I'm 'mean'

What Guys Said 28

• I didn't vote because my answer isn't there. Well placed, sharp sarcasm can definitely be sexy. It's a sign of intelligence (which is necessary for any mate of mine) and it shows your sense of humor. However, if you're sarcastic all the time about everything, you come off as a bitter cynic who is never and can never be happy with or about anything. And that… is not sexy at all. This is definitely a case where less is more.

PS: I fail to understand what about sarcasm is "mannish". I know those are somebody else's words, but the sexes are truly equal on sarcasm, at least in my observations.

• It is not "mannish" at all but it can be a turn off. Sarcasm can be lighthearted but it can be very sharp, pointed, and angry. Often, people use sarcasm as a means of venting their hostility with the idea that, if confronted, they can say "I was just joking; don't you have a sense of humor?" My usual reply: "If that was a joke, why isn't anyone laughing?"

• My wife first drew my attention by being very sarcastic. :)
    http://i32.tinypic.com/14mf794.jpg

• I'm such sarcastic bastard I usually have to tone it down a few notches. I love it when it girl starts busting my balls.

• Well sarcasm in of itself is okay, if you're willing to point out the occasional oddity or stupidity in life then it can be amusing, though "consistent sarcasm" is pretty mannish, I'm surprised whoever told you that used that word, actually.

Another guy here already said that sarcasm is pretty much an equal-opportunity concept, and it is inherently, but the typical feminine trait of being someone who isn't cutting towards people and is generally a carer is sort of at odds with sarcasm, which I guess you could argue is obviously gonna be more common with the masculine, because it's inherently confrontational or negative, in a way.

So, it's all really about how much you do it. If you're making fun of people a lot or sort of making people feel dumb, it's not really a "feminine" thing to do, I suppose.

• "Constantly" being sarcastic would be annoying , irritating and yes a turn off. It shows you are trying to prove you think you are smarter than everyone else, and that appears a little insecure. Guys like women who are secure in themselves.

• If she's good at it, and doesn't label herself as sarcastic, then it can be great. Because if someone's great at sarcasm, they're funny, and funny girls are one in a million.

• Sarcasm is only acceptable ever in isolated doses.

If you're consistently sarcastic, you're probably also just an asshole.

• More like a turn on xD

• I don't think it's inherently bad, but the way in which most girls seem to do it seems excessively bitchy. I think a lot of women mistake confidence for bitchy.
    I don't think it's "manish" but it's unappealing if you're doing it wrong.

• If you're sarcastic at the right times that's fine, but if it's all the time I feel like that would be annoying. I'm pretty sarcastic myself and I like to joke a lot but I know when to be serious.

• To constantly ridicule some one is stupid behavior towards another. I don't find that appealing what so ever.

• its a big turn on

• Depends. Some girls are hilarious and can pull it off, some sound like they needed to be beaten as a kid.

• Turn on for me. I'm very sarcastic myself

• It depending on the context and how frequent you do it. More frequent and inappropriate ones could definitely be a turn off. Use it with a limit.

• Its not bad unless she uses it to hurt your feelings on purpose or as an excuse to be a bitch.

• Depends on the sarcasm.

Sarcasm against a person is a bit annoying in my opinion.
    Sarcasm in jokes is great.

• Its a requirement for me. I'm a sarcastic smartass, I like a girl that can give it back.

• After a while, due to sarcasm's creativity and being introverted, will just shut down and start ignoring it if it's overboard.

It's funny, unless it's all you've got.

• Certain sarcasm is a complete turn off and will scare me away from a girl.

• Anyone born & bred in the UK is raised on a diet of sarcasm !!

• No really a turn on , but females with sense of sarcasm are funny, me like funny

• Just know when to turn it off

• what makes sarcasm bad is the timing of it, not whether its a male or female using it

• Depends if it's towards me or just something the way she's joking , but if it's towards me all the time then it's a turn off

• To be completely honest I wouldn't even consider a girl who didn't use a lot of sarcasm.

• I like it. :3

What Girls Said 4

• Lmao you are me, but every guy I met liked it. It was women who said that they wouldn't.

• I can be sarcastic at times, but its not really my thing. I do like sarcasm from other people, but to an extent some times it can be quite irritating or sound mean.

• Girl or guy, it's a total turn off.

• I'm a very sarcastic girl, and that's not going to change, so I don't really care tbh.