Boyfriend unsure if we can be together forever and make each other happy after 9 months should I dump him?

My boyfriend of 9 months told me he is still unsure if he can commit to being with me forever because we'd had fights and he said he's unsure if we can make each other happy. He says he wants to be with me and he wouldn't if he didn't but I'm confused is it normal to have doubts like that after 9 months or a red flag to get out?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it is in fact people who think like that end up getting married and they become the old couple that tells each other off in public. lol they have no real shame if you ask me. but thats what ends up happening to people who act like he is with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've had issues, and if you haven't found a resolution, yes it is normal to doubt your relationship. This is the wakeup call to either shape up or ship out. Relationships are constant work, it isn't all effortless pleasure. So you have to either start working to make it work or leave.

What Guys Said 1

• A red flag... depends on who thinks it's a red flag. He doubts you , it's his red flag about you. Maybe you need to let him know what's up with you. Just because he's wondering , doesn't make him the bad guy. So why would you be the one to end it...

What Girls Said 1

• Smh that sad. Lemme tell you something if that man loves you he would've been told you how he wants to marry you and have kids. If he's not planning on marrying you , it's no need for y'all to be together. And what makes it worse is y'all been together for so long , I'm sorry for you.