I feel so empty inside. What am I doing wrong?

I'm a young, smart, attractive (nothing special really but far from ugly) woman. I'm pretty sociable, have a normal amount of friends, go out a lot and kiss people, all normal. I'm fun, can talk about a lot of different things, have great personal hygiene and sense of humor. Yet I've never had a boyfriend and don't seem to be getting one anytime soon. I tried everything (I even tried stop trying) and nope, no luck. I just feel really empty and like I'm missing on something. I guess hooking up is just not enough anymore. What am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, one possibility is demographics. If you're on a liberal arts campus or in manhattan or LA, the numbers are working hard against you.

Second, while it's not unheard of for hook ups to turn into relationships, I wouldn't suggest it to women as the main way of meeting people. Instead look for guys who want to go out on dates with you. And be clear that's what you're looking for. Playing it cool so you don't scare off guys with 'commitment' talk actually pushes off guys who WANT commitment.

Most Helpful Girl

• I bet you could get a boyfriend with relative ease. So when you hook up, do you go approach the guy yourself? Because that's like 70% of the battle lol. Maybe instead of hooking up, you could approach a guy and ask for his number, or invite him to coffee, or whatever strikes your fancy. Just let him know you're interested in more than a one-night deal and pretty soon, someone will probably take you up on it.

What Guys Said 8

• Wait, so you think hooking up with a bunch of guys is the way to get a boyfriend? Must not be that smart then.

• I don't think you should worry about it. I've never had a serious relationship but it doesn't bother me because I focus on the things in life that I can control and try to have fun and be as successful as I can be. You don't need a boyfriend or girlfriend to be complete as a person

• Take up a hobby, learn a new skill, learn a new language, do sports, etc. It will give you a sense of self fullfilment.

• you need a vodka shot

• Stop looking maybe?

• You need me to fill you up

• Maybe you're basing your self-worth on whether or not you have a boyfriend?

Not an attractive quality, really. I'd break up with someone if I decided they were basing their self-worth on their relationship with me. That's not healthy.

• You're not approaching guys you like

What Girls Said 0