Do I have ptsd?

Im 24 still a virgin and never had a boyfriend... i feel everytime i get close to someone they will hurt me...

Most Helpful Guy

• That may take someone trained in those terms to determine if you fit the category.

After several year bad relationship I was not functioning well and was suggested I get evaluated for ADD. It is often a judgement decision by the Dr., but her view was stress related... basically stress in the relationship, stress at work, and stress at home.. no human can handle that.

My point in saying that is... you just may be under a lot of stress in life. There are solutions to that which don't require drugs. I am much better now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you even know what PTSD is?

Post - A situation would've already needed to happen
    Traumatic - The situation left you traumatized
    Stress - Emotional strain or tension
    Disorder - It affects your daily life

PTSD happens to war vets, victims of abuse, people who've experienced rape, people who've witnessed murders, people in car accidents, people who have nearly died in a horrible accident etc.

How the hell does being a virgin correspond with any of that? You don't have PTSD, you're just dramatic.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think that's ptsd, it may be paranoia or lack of trust.

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

I dont feel safe anywhere i go

I think you're just paranoid or you have bad anxiety. I doubt it's PTSD unless you have witnessed or been in something very horrible and since then you can't control your emotions/thoughts.

• You might, if you have been repeatedly hurt by the adults who raised you. A good therapist could help.

• That term is thrown around far too easily. Anxiety and paranoia, yes. Not PTSD

• We're you abused as a child?

Yep physical and emotionally

Well depending on how bad it was and how bad it affected you, you could have PTSD. You should see an expert to know for sure. Rape victims are often traumatized.

It wasn't sexual

• What would it be from?

Maybe anxiety?

• No. Anxiety yes, PTSD no.

What Girls Said 1

• In order to have PTSD, something traumatic has to happen to you... don't just throw that around OP.
    You must likely just have anxiety.